Need Feedback and mixing engineer on Metalcore track

twelevejupiter8

New Metal Member
Feb 6, 2013

so i recorded this track using steven slate, some nexus synth, this is my first complete track, i am not trained sound engineer, i used line 6 on guitars , some waves plugins, i have been lurking into forum quit a while , if any body is interested in mixing this track, i am willing to send audio files or stems ( still figuring it out :D ) , i am also willing to pay for the mix it is sounding killer to my ears :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dude, welcome to the forum!

It's not a bad start, but could still do with a bit of work. I'll touch on the main points.

Your guitars are quite mid-heavy, and could maybe do with a touch more gain too. A reamp with a real amp & cab could improve the sound quite a bit over what you're getting from the Line 6 stuff.
The playing on the chorus riff is pretty sloppy, re-recording that would really help out the overall track.
I can't really hear the bass guitar at all, bring that up and it will increase the percieved size of the guitars.
Drums have that signature Slate attack which can be a touch overbearing and plastic sounding, but I think it works quite well for this genre. Snare could do with a bit more low mid body though.
Subdrop is quite underwhelming, you should try a different sample to see if you can get something with more impact.

I've got some free time this week if you'd like me to mix this. Send me a PM if you're interested and I can show you some examples of my work and discuss rates.