Need FG-X Help From A Pro-tools brainiac

nialldoran

Jun 11, 2010
Belfast, N.Ireland
Hey, i've been having a crazy issue lately with, Slates FG-X plugin in protools, it worked fine for a year untill a few weeks ago (after extensive troubleshooting from slate staff and remote session etc ive realised that its not the FG-X causing the issue, it works fine in other daws on the same computer and the ilok acctivates the plugin on a differant computer)

The issue is when i open protools as its catalouging the plugins on the open window it gets to SS FG-X and says that it cannot access the unknown executable and says to contact the plug in manufacturer or its a license problem.
Ive already established that the plugin works on my computer (specs below) and that the liscence isnt the problem (slates team gave me a new liscence to acctivate the plugin and it still didnt change anything)

If any one has run into this problem with any plugin or has any ideas im all open to advice,

Computer Specs:
Mac book pro
Snow Leopard 10.6
Pro tools9 (fully updated)
FG-X (tried fully updated and v1.1)
4GB Ram

As an end note i want to say that this isnt a bash on slates team at all, they were amazing, really patient and helpful as well as offering a refund if i cant get it working but for my home setup away from the studio FG-X is perfect for me and i dont fancy giving it up,

Thanks for reading all this junk,
Niall

hey man thanks for the reply unfortunatly that hasnt worked, i tried it and so did the slat support team member, and i tried again just now for kicks and it hasn't worked still not showing the plug in, in the plug in menu within protools

Definitely a confusing scenario....

Do you have any other Slate plugs? and if so, it only happens with FG-X?

My initial thoughts is either it's PT or Ilok.

1. I'd re download the ilok client and drivers. I'm 100% certain slate guys would of said to do that...but just in case they didn't.

2. do the permissions stuff they mentioned below again, and do it after you reinstall all the ilok client shit.

3. Worst case scenario, I'd reinstall protools entirely.

Hey guys thanks for all the replies, i'll have a go at posting the problem over at duc tomorow night, its 4:15am here right now

and yeah i've done the whole, ilok client software install/ repairing permissions, as you guessed C_F_H_13 and a full reinstall of protools too as recommended by the support staff at slate, yeah i've got SSD EX 3 in kontakt with all the expansions and also SSD 4 EX (in the SSD Sampler) but both work fine, no problems,

thanks for all the suggestions so far guys, i appreciate it,
Niall