Need fresh ears

Uranus

New Metal Member
Dec 23, 2008
Hi,

first of all, thanks for this great place. This is my first post. I'd love to have some opinions on this track:

http://ambisonic.wordpress.com/intern/ultimate-metal/

Password: andysneap

Recorded in a small studio with better homerecording qualities. Snare and BD "drumagoged", Tom mics placed too far, too much bleed for replacing, so they sound like shit . Git 1: Some Marshall Valvestate with SM 57 plus DI with Guitar Rig 3. Git 2 Engl Screamer, recorded mics unuseable, so its the "frequency corrected Line Out" mixed with some cabinet IR. Clean, Lead and FX Gits with GR 3

Please ignore performance problems, especially the Vocals. Also there's some strange noise on the intro gits, I still have to correct.

I want much atmosphere so theres pretty much reverb, which imho also covers some performance problems. Mixed and "mastered" completly ITB with UAD 1 & 2 (Neve, Precision Plugins, Roland, etc.).

Thanks!!! :headbang:

Best Regards
Uranus

thanks! I uploaded another version. You're definetly right, I've got problems judging the bass and lower mid range. I'll need a sub for my Geithains RL 906 and my "control room" is very small, not too good for that range. The rather "lower mid" emphasis/drive on the gits is intentional, I'm trying to get rather the chainsaw in the woods, than the buzz saw in the workshop, if that paraphrase is understandable ;-)

I'm more and more coming to the conclusion, that i have a serious monitoring problem between 200-350 Hz 8and the subbass, but i knew that). I uploaded 2 more versions, maybe you could comment on them. Actually I had to cut out that range until it sounded "unhealthy" and weak. But as I noticed while listening to other productions, this seems normal. It's my first serious work with this monitors and room. So maybe some of you could really help me out. Would be great! :worship:

Cheers
Uranus