Need Heavy Metal Instrumentals

Dream Theater - Ytsei Jam

Isn't that one of the best instrumentals ever?

Faith no More - Woodpecker from Mars - awesome violin/metal instrumental

The Great KAT - All her classical metal pieces are sweet thrashterpieces and with no vocals.

Buckethead - Robots and Monsters - take your pick of any number of songs...and his Cuckoo clocks from hell album is heavy and all music.

Mayadome - Paranormal Activity

Probably one of, if not THE best, epic progressive instrumental I've ever heard. Pretty unknown band though, despite being super talented.

Believer - Movement I: The Lie, Movement Ii: The Truth and Movemnet Iii: The Key

From the CD Dimensions.

Very good speed/thrash mixed with classical music and violins.

Kong is an experimental instrumental band, a lot of their early stuff was metal, so some of that might be worth playing. The Ruins of Beverast have some killer instrumentals on Unlock The Shrine and Mithras have a few really good instrumental tracks on both their albums.

Trivium - The Crusade

I've been listening to their new album non-stop (kicks major ass) and always seem to rewind back to the first track and listen again. I'm sitting here and was finally not distracted with anything, and The Crusade came on. Crap man what a great instrumental! I had no idea the guys could rip it up (in a metal way, solo wise) as much as they do on this instrumental. Give it a shot.

FYI this album has crept into the running for my fav album of the year....scary, I know.

Hanger 18 said:
The Crusade is a really good song, the start reminds me of something Symphony X would do, but abit heavier

Whew - so I'm not too crazy. I'm listening to it again right now, friggin smoking tune man. I need to interview these guys and see what the hell happened from their last couple albums to this one for them to come out full on metal like this. Ballsy move for what many considered a band that was crossing over into that Hot Topic/Pop Core (or whatever they call it now) arena. I saw today that they're set to debut with around 50-55,000 albums in the States and 75,000 or something in the UK. Slick.

Celtic Frost - Winter (Requiem)
Apocalyptica - Bittersweet

those are slow ones though...

MasterOLightning said:
Honestly, why would you post part of a song? There are probably literally a million metal songs that have a chunk of music that length sans vocals. I'm so confused.
fuck, i dunno. prescription medication. beer. i write dumb shit all the time, i guess. sorry bout that.
but, the song totally changes at that point, into an instrumental, different music.

These are all the ones that i know of

Annihilator - The Sound Of Horror
Arch Enemy - Marching On A Dead End Road
Arch Enemy - Snow Bound
Blind Guardian - Beyond The Ice
Blind Guardian - Weird Dreams
Chastisement - Joie De Vivre
Chastisement - The Journey
Chimaira - Implements Of Destruction
Dream Theater - Stream Of Consciousness
Dream Theater - Overture 1928
Dream Theater - The Dance Of Eternity
Firewind - Feast Of The Savages (That song is amazing)
Firewind - Still The Winds
Hammerfall - Raise The Hammer
The Haunted - Demon Eyes
The Haunted - Privation Of Faith Inc.
The Haunted - Dark Intentions
Iced Earth - 1776
Iced Earth - Transylvannia (Iron Maiden Cover)
Kalmah - Svieri Doroga
Every "Liquid Tension Experiment" song
Michael Angelo Batio - No Boundaries
Michael Angelo Batio - Speed Kills
Quo Vadis - Dream
Quo Vadis - The Day The Universe Changed
Sentenced - Where Water Falls Frozen
Trivium - The Crusade
Warmen - Roppongi Rumble
Warmen - Return Of Salieri
Warmen - Salieri Strikes Back
Warmen - War Of Worlds
Warmen - Trip To...
Warmen - Hopeless Optimism (This song is kickass)
Warmen - Warcry Of Salieri
Warmen - Into The Oblivion (Warmen's fastest song IMO)

Sentenced -The Golden Stream Of Lapland,Mythic Silence(As They Wander in the Mist).
Dissection -Nexion 218,Reinkaos,
God Macabre -Teardrops,Lamentation,
In Flames -Dialogue With the Stars,Wayfaerer,Timeless
Gorguts -Testimonial Ruin,Waste Of Mortality
Darkthrone -Eon