Need help again. quickly.

cloy26

d00d
Jul 17, 2009
Port St. Lucie, FL
www.myspace.com
This is my band. I need some advice. I think the guitar tone is shitty (I'm the guitarist, you won't hurt my feelings haha). It's a 5150 through an old crate combo turned into cab. The glx212. openback. Well, I think it sounds like crap. I want more of a scooped sound, almost. (veil of maya). Also, what else needs to be fixed? Other than the one section of the vocals late in the song. You guys helped me out a lot before. Thanks so much. :headbang::kickass:

NEW LINK
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8067018

bump from a while back.

I already edited the drums so the fills and double bass are evened out and on time. But, I basically want to know what I did wrong tone wise... It sounds so empty and one dimensional. Like almost a tube vs. solid state situation. I really need some help. I don't want to be the guy who posts just my stuff, but I need to learn. I'm sick of only producing mediocre recordings. I've done a lot of research on here, but still can't seem to address my main issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:
-Les Paul -> 5150II -> old crate glx212 combo that I switched into a cab -> sm57 -> presonus fp10 -> Reaper
-Drums are a mix of sneap tom samples, a sample I forget on the snare, and a sneap kick sample and another kick smaple to give it more body.
-Bass is DI into Guitar Rig. (I have since learned about and use impulses.)
-Vocals were done with my mxl 990. I hate it and need to get a real ldc.

If you upload this to dropbox, or soundclick, someone will likely listen. Myspace is not an acceptible place to post tunes for mix review.