need help cleaning up this 8 string guitar

@Fretfingers,

LeCto amp sim for Mac,
http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2010/12/lecto-vst-for-mac.html

The LeCto is a NOTICEABLE improvement over any of the Line 6 amps sims.

As for cab IRs, I like to use an Own Hammer Mills Acoustic in the left channel and ReCabinet Ghandi/Tangerine 121 in the right.

Also, are you still using the EMG 808s? If you are, you might want to try a SD Blackout instead, as they always sounded better to me than the EMGs. Personally, I much prefer passives to actives, that's why I think the Agiles are a better deal than just about any other production 8 string out there. Actually, they're the only ones, to my knowledge at least, offering 28.6" and 30" scales on production models. The 27" scale on the ESP, while better than the 26.5" found on Schecter 8s, isn't bad, it's just that 8s seem to benefit more from the 28"-30" scales.

Thanks Robert!! I'll try the LeCto tonight.

I may have once already but I believe there was an issue where I couldn't access any of the knobs. I am wrapping it with FXpansions VST to RTAS as I am using ProTools.

Wow.. the freeware stuff for PC is really good. I played around with a lot of it and I am now very jealous. For now I will just run LeCto and Recabinet in Live on the Mac side. I may eventually get a pc set up as a hardware insert just for reamping! :)