Need Help from you guys in fixing my music library. Just opinions really...

SweptbackFlame

twitch.tv/SweptbackFlame
Oct 4, 2006
Canada
Alright, so I'm like OCD when it comes to organizing my music library. And I've been making sure everything has been tagged correctly such as album art, song titles, which labels said albums were released by.

Genres as well, but the main thing I'm having an issue with is some bands tend to add elements of other genres to their music. It's not alot of bands but. I'm kind of too lazy to figure out which albums they started adding stuff.

So I'm gonna use this thread to get opinions from you guys on some bands that changed their elements and to figure out when they did it.

I have 2 bands right now:

Absu & Amorphis

I know Absu started as a Death Metal band if you will. But when did they start going the Black/Thrash route?

Amorphis safe to say the first two were Death? And then moved on to Prog/Goth? Or something?

I'm doing this cause I want the genres on each album to be correct, so when I decide to listen to a specific genre everything would be in it's proper place.

Any Help would be much appreciated guys.

Yeah tag some Absu albums as death metal and some as black/thrash. Why not. I also have some Beherit as black metal and some as ambient. I wouldn't go as far as tagging separate tracks on an album differently like outros and shit, not enough ocd, but yeah.

Btw I don't want what late Amorphis is and I don't want to know.

EDIT: I personally try to avoid black / thrash and black / death tags and such, I try to keep it as simple as possible.

Reactions: Evil Dead
Yeah tag some Absu albums as death metal and some as black/thrash. Why not. I also have some Beherit as black metal and some as ambient. I wouldn't go as far as tagging separate tracks on an album differently like outros and shit, not enough ocd, but yeah.

Btw I don't want what late Amorphis is and I don't want to know.

EDIT: I personally try to avoid black / thrash and black / death tags and such, I try to keep it as simple as possible.

So safe to assume that Absu started going the Blackened Thrash Metal route when they released the "The Third Storm of Cythrául" album? Because that's the impression I'm getting is when they started going that route.

Also yeah all my song titles are the correct ones and everything. 51,000+ mp3's. Shits taking a while lol. Thank god for MusicBee Music Player for implementing a feature that searches for the album cover and embeds it into the mp3 file. Makes things so much easier.

Edit: Yeah I get what your saying, usually when I see Black/Thrash or Black/Death I just change it to Blackened Thrash Metal, etc...