Need your expertise guys.

SweptbackFlame

twitch.tv/SweptbackFlame
Oct 4, 2006
Canada

I need your metal expertise guys...or so I think lol...

Anyways, I found out about Mutiny Within and thought they we're actually pretty good for what they sound like

Metal-Archives classifies them as Progressive Melodic Death Metal/Metalcore

Now I can definitely hear the metalcore aspects of there music, and I can also hear some progressive elements in there...so what the fuck is it...Metalcore? Prog Melodic Death Metal? Progressive Metalcore? The solos don't sound like anything metalcore would do either.

Just need to clarify on what you guys think. Cause me and my friend are debating on what they actually are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, thats was something fresh and awsome. But its very crossover, mostly prog\power\melodic death metal with some core influences too. Still, need to check them out closer.

Damn, thats was something fresh and awsome. But its very crossover, mostly progpowermelodic death metal with some core influences too. Still, need to check them out closer.

Yeah. It's different, that's why I wasn't sure exactly what genre they we're. The whole album is fucking good though.

That singer kind of looks like old Steve Perry.

Altogether not annoying imo, and they obviously have some technical proficiency.

Their are some "prog" leads in that song, but I wouldn't give it the "prog" label; Melodic Metalcore it is for me.

It sounds like something I've heard before. Just very standard mix of metalcore and pop punk tbh. Sounds nothing like Into Eternity. Fail. Into Eternity is a way better band anyway, considering one time they were one of my favorites but they sort of grew stale on me over the years. I remember enjoying The Scattering Of Ashes each listen though, the latest one is let down.