What is your number one favorite metal song EVER..

Demilich is tech death......................

I had to rewrite this post 3 times because I felt that I was being too harsh..I'm just going to kindly ask you to stop posting because you're a goddamn moron.

What?... You fail.

Anyway, one of my favorite tracks I always enjoy going back to is Yngwie Malmsteen's live performance of "Far Beyond The Sun" from G3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres one more. This and Far Beyond The Sun from G3 are pretty much my favs atm.

What?... You fail.

Because? You realized that nobody likes you and you tried proving a completely childish point that was wrong from the get-go?

EDIT: So you posted Yngwie Malmsteen as your favorite song? OBVIOUSLY based on your sig you'd pick a song from Devourment or Jig-Ai, or something slam or death metal related OBVIOUSLY. You're so predictable (diducwatididthere?)

This one is high on my list
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQ6no6PUm0&feature=related[/ame]

Because? You realized that nobody likes you and you tried proving a completely childish point that was wrong from the get-go?

EDIT: So you posted Yngwie Malmsteen as your favorite song? OBVIOUSLY based on your sig you'd pick a song from Devourment or Jig-Ai, or something slam or death metal related OBVIOUSLY. You're so predictable (diducwatididthere?)

Death Metal is my favorite as far as variety goes. Yes I have a good amount of favorite songs that are death metal. I felt like posting the songs I felt have been for several years, fun to go back to, memorable, and fulfilling.

For me, its gotta be Pantera - Cemetery Gates
I mean, its just amazing in every way.
A top five would be:
1. Pantera - Cemetery Gates
2. Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
3. Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt.1
4. Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand
5. Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

lol for some reason all of my favourite songs are over 7 minutes :rofl:

Death Metal is my favorite as far as variety goes. Yes I have a good amount of favorite songs that are death metal. I felt like posting the songs I felt have been for several years, fun to go back to, memorable, and fulfilling.

I was being sarcastic you dumbass, I didn't ask for an explanation, I was just making fun of your retarded rhetoric. The real question was why you claimed I failed..or are you trying to avoid the question because you just put on Nespithe for the first time in your life and realized that it was in fact tech death, thus making you look like a bitch?

For me, its gotta be Pantera - Cemetery Gates
I mean, its just amazing in every way.
A top five would be:
1. Pantera - Cemetery Gates
2. Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
3. Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt.1
4. Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand
5. Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

lol for some reason all of my favourite songs are over 7 minutes :rofl:

great songs, Cemetary Gates is the only Pantera song I've heard I like because its the only one I've heard the guy actually trys to sing on.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Two decent picks by JG too, I might be amazed.

Outside of that take the skirts off boys. Pick, pick pick "I dont like the color of your dress"

I love all metal man so its hard to pick a favourite... im gonna go with the song that got me into metal when I was a mere 9 year old kiddy playing with lego bricks...

Totally obscure I know, and I'm not actually that old :lol: but my first memory of this song was discovering it on a tape lying around the house and being like FUCK YEAH!! THIS RULES!!! I WANT A FUCKING GUITAR MUMMY!!! even though I didnt even know what power metal was at that point :lol:

I actually pissed off my parents once by playing it at like 10000 decibels on a shitty fisher price tape recorder at like 8am on a saturday morning and my asshole dad wiped the tipe shortly thereafter lol...

But yeah, for you young uns out there... listen... enjoy... this is power metal before there was power metal.

Pretty Maids - Back To Back :worship: :worship: :worship:

G3 in Denver slays .

Symphony X try Divine Wings of Tragedy in how ever many parts it takes on youtube

Going down my winamp playlist these are songs that really jump out as simply perfect.

Agalloch - In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion
Amorphis - Weeper On The Shore
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Dream Theater - Home
Drudkh - Sunwheel
Enslaved - Isa
Falkenbach - When Gjallarhorn Will Sound
Iced Earth - The Coming Curse
Immortal - Antarctica
Metallica - Orion
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Pelican - Autumn Into Summer
The Haunted - The World Burns
Tool - Disposition
Windir - 1184

Some of my favorites:

Deicide - Dead but Dreaming
Cannibal Corpse - I Cum Blood
Suffocation - Depths of Depravity
Carcass - Embodiment
Disincarnate - Entranced
Cynic - Lifeless Irony

I definately enjoy modern death metal but it is so well produced, virtuosic and, for lack of a better word, homogeneous that it's lost some of the unrestrained creativity exhibited by these earlier bands.