What is your favorite and least favorite Emperor albums?

Since I made this thread I've gotten Anthems and Vol. 1 of Scattered Ashes with my Emperor tablature book and In The Nightside Eclipse remains my favorite Emperor album.

Well Nightside being one's favorite goes without saying... but what did you think of Anthems and Scattered? ....

Well Nightside being one's favorite goes without saying... but what did you think of Anthems and Scattered? ....
I liked Anthems, very good CD, some soft parts in there I didn't care for, but songs like In Longing Spirit and Ye Entracnemperium made it a very good album. Was In Longing Spirit on your version? I thought Scattered Ashes was very good, having Nightside's best, Anthems's best, but I was disappointed it ddin't have Empty from Prometheus, a great song, Elegy of Icaros was good, a little unexpected though, and Curse Ye All Men was a great song, very good CD though.

I liked Anthems, very good CD, some soft parts in there I didn't care for, but songs like In Longing Spirit and Ye Entracnemperium made it a very good album. Was In Longing Spirit on your version? I thought Scattered Ashes was very good, having Nightside's best, Anthems's best, but I was disappointed it ddin't have Empty from Prometheus, a great song, Elegy of Icaros was good, a little unexpected though, and Curse Ye All Men was a great song, very good CD though.

Yes my version has In Longing Spirit as well as Opus a Satana and The Loss & Curse of the Reverence (live version) as bonus tracks... anyways I like the soft parts... gives good contrast to the heavier parts.. that is how i like my Black Metal... heavy with soft parts... constantly listening to only Heavy parts eventually gets boring to me... to me sometimes music needs a change of pace... i loved the whole anthems album and I think it is flawless.. not one bad song... and like i mentioned earlier it seems to be a good sountrack to John Milton's Paradise Lost if anyone here has read it or knows what it is about... remember kids.. it's better to Reign in Hell, then serve in Heaven... lol :lol:

Well, overall, Anthems is definitely their best album for me, closely followed by In The Nightside Eclipse. I think the BEST song off Anthems happens to be With Strength I Burn, featuring a mesmerizing, kick-ass solo - in fact, one of the best songs by the band.

Emperor is a fantastic band and in no way overrated.

In order:

1. In the Nightside Eclipse (epitomized the symphonic/melodic BM sound)
2. Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk (love the classical melodies)
3. IX Equilibrium (a bit of a departure from the typical Emperor black metal fare)
4. Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire and Demise (quite an immense album, but somewhat unlistenable. It's the kind of album you have to set apart time for)

I still can't believe they've only released four full-length original studio albums.

I'm nearly done learning the solo at the end of With Stength I Burn, it's took some work, but it's gotten easier, it's helped me become a better guitar player.

I don't know about you guys, but I hate bad productions. Which is why even though I own ITNE, I don't really listen to it. At least the first time I listened to it I remember it having a bad production. Anyway, I have Scattered Ashes, but haven't listened to it beyong a few songs which I really like (Curse You All Men, Aerie Descent, and The Tongue of Fire). I really like The Tongue of Fire, but I haven't heard all of Prometheus, so, no judgement there.

I don't know about you guys, but I hate bad productions. Which is why even though I own ITNE, I don't really listen to it. At least the first time I listened to it I remember it having a bad production. Anyway, I have Scattered Ashes, but haven't listened to it beyong a few songs which I really like (Curse You All Men, Aerie Descent, and The Tongue of Fire). I really like The Tongue of Fire, but I haven't heard all of Prometheus, so, no judgement there.

Whatever... :lol: lol jk... ((( Sway )))

Anthems is my favorite album but IX Equibrium is close by. This album had some of the most brutal and crushing riffs, but something else too. It had strong melodies along with catchy hooks. There was ghostlike keyboards which added much more depth.

Anthems is my favorite album but IX Equibrium is close by. This album had some of the most brutal and crushing riffs, but something else too. It had strong melodies along with catchy hooks. There was ghostlike keyboards which added much more depth.

Re-size your signature.

My favorite is In The NightShade Eclipse.

Re-size your username.

I have yet to hear the whole IX Equilibrium but I think I have a good idea of what it sounds like, I'll eventually get it. I may get the regular Scattered Ashes CD as well just to hear Aerie Descent and all the covers too.

I had a chance to finish up my Emperor album collection back in November with Anthems and IX being at Tower Records but I decided to just get Anthems tohugh I had the money for IX, I don't regret it though, I like to buy one album at a time and I'll listen to it for a month minimum unless it took some getting used to(Something about brutal death isn't automatic as most death metal for instance to me in favorability) so I'm one of the least buyers of albums on this forum probably.