What is your favorite and least favorite At the Gates albums?

I find that most of SOTS is pretty incredible (and groundbreaking obviously), although the album might sound slightly more mainstream especially being that it is plagiarized so much in today's metal scene.

"With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness" is the best. Spastic with an insane sense of melody, and totally spacey. After Alf left the band, they totally nosedived in quality, in case no one noticed.

"Slaughter of the Soul" is thin, shallow, and fucking horrid.

With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness sounds thin and hollow imo. The guitars don't harmonize for some reason(or maybe i'm not hearing it). The Red In The Sky.. has great harmonizing on the other hand. When I finally got At The Gates the harmonzing is what really interested me.

SOTS is an entertaining and agreeable album, yet it lacks substance or any remotely interesting characteristics. You like SOTS. You're an entertainment fag.

Cythraul said:
SOTS is an entertaining and agreeable album, yet it lacks substance or any remotely interesting characteristics. You like SOTS. You're an entertainment fag.
I understand it is agreeable and pallatable, even though for it's time it wouldn't be considered mainstream. It is still very good, overall it is a solid album and also pretty damn brutal :headbang:

FYI I don't listen to ANY mainstream music or pop at all :puke:

Cythraul said:

thank you, somebody flame wrath, he's an idiot...

*waites for flaming of self to comense*