Your favorite albums of 2013

Mulver

May 31, 2010
Yeah, we're about to reach 2014 soon. And as usual I've been horrrible at keeping up with what is being released during the year, so I wonder what good shit there is from 2013.

List some of your favorite albums from 2013. I'm mostly a fan of black metal but other metal genres are okay in this thread.

Caladan Brood - Echoes of Battle
Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam
Autopsy - The Headless Ritual
Hatchet - Dawn of the End
Magic Circle - s/t

More to come when they pop up in my head.

Edit:
Toxic Holocaust - Chemistry of Consciousness
Inquisition - Obscure Versers for the Multiverse

Caladan Brood- Echoes of Battle. I'm shocked, but I think they outdid Summoning here.
Summoning- Old Mornings Dawn
Fen- Dustwalker
Csejthe- Reminiscence
Obsidian Tongue- A Nest of Ravens in the Throat of Time

Clutch - Earth Rocker
Summoning - Old Mornings Dawn
Goemagot - Eradication of Insignificant Beings
Carcass - Surgical Steel
In Solitude - Sister
Darkthrone - the Underground Resistance
Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
Blood Ceremony - the Eldritch Dark
Orchid - The Mouths of Madness
Satan - Life Sentence
Dream Death - Somnium Excessum
The Ocean - Pelagial
Oranssi Pazuzu - Valonielu
Extermination Dismemberment - Serial Urbicide
Paysage d'Hiver - Das Tor

Good call on that QOTSA album. I've been digging it since it was released.

Carcass - Surgical Steel
Exhumed - Necrocracy
Sodom - Epitome of Torture
Onslaught - VI
Toxic Holocaust - Chemistry of Consciousness
Skeletonwitch - Serpents Unleashed

Honestly though, ask me a year from now. :lol: I'm not sure what albums I posted last year, but I can say the album from 2012 that I've listened to the most this year is Kreator's Phantom Antichrist.

a few good albums:

Carcass - Surgical Steel
Protector - Reanimated Homunculus
Sodom - Epitome of Torture
Onslaught - VI
Havok - Unnatural Selection
Voivod - Target Earth

waiting for:

Deicide - In the Minds of Evil

With the exception of the Summoning album, which is kinda nice, I wouldn't call any of the releases listed so far "good" - but that's just me and I'll surely get flamed :( - brb, crying.

With the exception of the Summoning album, which is kinda nice, I wouldn't call any of the releases listed so far "good" - but that's just me and I'll surely get flamed :( - brb, crying.

You're way too picky if you think Magic Circle, Inquisition, Satan, Dream Death, and Gorguts didn't put out good albums this year.

Ok I admit it. I haven't heard every album listed in this thread. So that rules out Magic Circle. However, I've heard the Inquisition, Satan, Dream Death, and Gorguts albums, among others, and I won't deny that they sound kinda nice at first, but the lack of new material makes them easy targets for my delete button, considering other albums have done the same things better. That could even apply to the Summoning record, ofc, but I kinda like a few songs dammit!

I forgot magic circle. I've listened to that album quite a few times and it's damn good. I really like when the vocalist starts to soar, ala the greatest escape/white shores.

Listened to 3 min of it, sounds nice, ofc, but I'll have to see about the entire product later ;)