Airbourne - Black Dog Barking
Deer Tick - Negativity
Frank Turner - Tape Deck Heart
Deep Purple - Now What!?
Steve Earle - The Low Highway
Dawes - Stories Don't End
The Thermals - Desperate Ground

probably forgetting something...

Pinnick Gales Pridgen is the only one I've listened to more than once, but there's definitely some strong material on it (right now I'd say it's my favorite thing featuring Pinnick since Ear Candy). Most of my recent non-metal has been from the 80's.

I really haven't checked out many new non-Metal albums this year, but I did enjoy the new Daft Punk. I've been meaning to check out Chelsea Wolfe, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Fuck this is good. Definitely making its way onto my next E mix.

Yeah man. That whole album is groovy as fuck.

The artist you posted, Giraffage, reminded me of Pretty Lights. Gonna check more into them for sure, that song was chill.

Another DJ along similar lines that I like a lot is Odesza. Actually just saw him open for Pretty Lights a few weeks ago :)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8UNM6-DwVI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8UNM6-DwVI[/ame]

Mount Moriah's Miracle Temple

Actually is my AOTY in general

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not listened too much albums this year, letalone non-metal stuff.

Looking throught my favorites non-metal artists, i've found that the Oresund Space Collective have a new one.

Found this song on youtube off it.

As usual, quality space rock. Will have to check out the whole thing sometimes soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from Chelsea Wolfe and Russian Circles I did really enjoy Pan Gu - Primeval Man Born of the Cosmic Egg a lot this year. This is a fantastic debut release with an outstanding cover art which was painted by Denis Forkas Kostromitin, a Russian painter who also did artwork for some Horseback records.

Just look at this beauty. There's something very special in it

a2038276040_2.jpg

The cover is intricately related with the music of this Norwegian duo, and there's definitely some creepy, dark vibe about this album. Highly recommended for those who are into noise/ambient stuff.