What is your favorite and least favorite At the Gates albums?

metal_wrath

I dip my forefinger...
Mar 20, 2006
...in the watery blood
What are your favorite At the Gates albums??? I have been listening to Terminal Spirit Disease alot lately, this album is probably my favorite. It has the awesome riffs and the vocals are terrific, as in terrifying. I am amazed at almost everything this band has done, even Garden's of Grief. Also Slaughter of the Soul completely slays. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Discuss.

I bought Slaughter of the Soul to complete the Gothenburg trilogy (The Gallery, Jester Race, SOTS), but I haven't bothered to dig much deeper.

wfiktbd has the best songs but tritsio is more consistent. sots is their worst by some way for me since I also rate tsd highly.

Int said:
wfiktbd has the best songs but tritsio is more consistent.

this i largely agree with

i really really hate terminal spirit disease though, and sots obviously sucks

gardens of grief also rules, lets not forget that

1. the red in the sky is ours (top 3 albums EVER)
2. with fear i kiss the burning darkness
3. terminal spirit disease
4. gardens of grief
5. slaughter of the soul (painfully overrated but still listenable!)

my fave is definitely their best overall album The Red in the Sky is Ours (probably the 2nd best death metal album ever made), while my least fave is definitely Slaughter of the Soul (one of the most overrated metal albums from the 90's).

And I like Terminal Spirit Disease alot, it is the gothenburg album that has got what its follow-up (SOTS) was lacking alot of (that is, more developed melodies and song structures). I'd also like to add that their introductory EP, Gardens of Grief, fucking slays as well... probably the best death metal EP I can think of.

1 -the red in the sky is ours
2 -gardens of grief
3 -slaughter of the soul
4 -terminal spirit disease
5 -with fear I kiss the burning darkness