What is your favorite and least favorite Emperor albums?

~Derek~

Sep 9, 2006
Tennessee
What is your favorite and least favorite Emperor albums? I only have 2, In The Nightside Eclipse and yesterday I bought Prometheus, I like INTE better but I like Prometheus too even though it's weird at times. In The Nightside Eclipse has good songs such as I Am The Black Wizards and Cosmic Times to My Creation though my 3 favorite on Prometheus are Empty(really like that song, Wordless Chamber, and Thorns On My Grave. I would rather have gotten Scattered Ashes but all the store had is Prometheus and I like a couple songs I heard off it and I don't regret buying it.

MasterOLightning said:
People who think Antems is better than ITNE have poor taste.

It's a photo finish in a general perspective.

Nightside is the apex of all black metal, and Anthems is the cross that adorns the apex of the black metal steeple.

nightside > anthems > ixe > prometheus

prometheus was the first emperor album i ever owned bought it when it came out however long ago (2001?), hadnt lsitened to it in years until i spun it the other day and DEAR GOD it fucking SUCKS

Difficult question. Inno a Satana and Thus Spake the Nightspirit are two of favourite songs ever but the rest of those 2 albums aren't nearly as good, though Eclipse probably edges out Anthems by an inch.

Favorite - Anthems
Least - INTE... I haven't listened to it in a long time, so my opinion might have changed, but from what I remember it was really boring, and had way too many thunder samples

Killbot said:
Interesting.... i thought you were going to go with the ol' 'whichever is the shortest is my fave' thing.

Actually, no. Emperor have at least written some good tracks - but I've yet to hear a full album of theirs without resorting to the "skip track" button.

nightside's a grower but hasn't really clicked with me, anthems is absolutely mind-bogglingly horrible, prometheus is also absolutely horrible probably moreso but at least it isn't so hideously overrated, and i intend never to hear IXE