Favorite/Least Favorite Symphony X song

Divine X said:
Does anyone else here hate the part in The Damnation Game (The song) where Russel goes "Damn, damn, damn, NATION GAME! damn....damn....damn...damn"? :err:
Yep. The whole song is pretty nondescript, totally not fit for a title song, which has to be a huge epic. Definitely not the ideal stage for Russ´ SX debut.

Quite difficult to choose a favorite, that changes a lot within time. I've had as favourite a winter's dream (complete), accolade, the edge of forever, and communion and the oracle. So I guess my favourite will be.... Accolade (mainly because that was the last SX cd I lost:erk:. actually I still have TiO and the debuts and the Odyssey, but those live on my brother's car, so it's almost the same thing)
For least favourite I have only one option...... King of Terrors. I really can't stand the intro to that song, although the rest of the song is quite good.

Wicked Inferno said:
favorite - the accolade II
least favorite- accolade I, pretty much cause i heard the second one first and its just weird to here a similar song that sounds totally different,
Maaan.. you gotta be kidding... I think accolade II is boring compared to the 1st. one.. yeah maybe thats the reason you listened The odyssey 1st right? ...

well about my favorite song: Through the looking glass
least favorite hmmm....... savage curtain is the only one i don't like so much.. but the rest all I Like :Spin:

Merry Xmas to you ALL btw... :wave:

NegrocK_SyX said:
Maaan.. you gotta be kidding... I think accolade II is boring compared to the 1st. one.. yeah maybe thats the reason you listened The odyssey 1st right? ...

well about my favorite song: Through the looking glass
least favorite hmmm....... savage curtain is the only one i don't like so much.. but the rest all I Like :Spin:

Merry Xmas to you ALL btw... :wave:
yeo ,odyssey was the first album i bought, pretyt much cause its the only one i could find in the u.s. So I didnt here the first accolade until later. I dont not like the song, its just a little strange. And so since i really dont have a somg i dont love by symphony x, i chose that.

Best: Candlelight Fantasia, Accolade II, The Odyssey.
Worst: Some of the stuff on The Damnation Game.

And I happen to like the first album, the voice is not the best, but many of the songs are great. Masquerade, Taunting The Notorious, Absinthe And Rue, A Lesson Before Dying.
I don't know why people think this album is bad, while praising The Damnation Game. The songs are just as good, if not better, and are only marred by slighly irritating vocals. So the guy is no Russell, but who is? He did a tolerable job for an average metal singer. Not bad at all, but Russell is of course much, much better. :cool:

I don't mind the ending of The Damnation Game too much, because the rest of the song sounds like it was written with the limitations of the previous singer in mind, and it gives the opportunity for Russell to rise above the material, like it or not its the most memorable part of the song...

Favorite: Accolade II (because that "On the field with sword and shield" shit ownz all of you)
Least Favorite: The Divine Wings of Tragedy (because the whole concept sucks)

Most Favorite:

The Divine Wings Of Tragedy, Through The Looking Glass, Awakenings, The Accolade II, Communion And The Oracle, Inferno (Unleash The Fire), The Edge Of Forever.

Least Favorite (but by all means still good):

The Witching Hour, Masquerade '98, The Turning, Incantations Of The Apprentice, The Bird-Serpent War/Cataclysm, Pharaoh, Secrets.

The Metal Chick said:
Am I the only one that doesn't think damn, damn, damn part is lame?? Because I like it, so I guess I'll be lame too :loco: I'll go down with the ship.

DAMN DAMN DAAAAAMN!!!
I'll back you up here chick! I don't overly like that part, but I don't dislike it either. I think the rest of the song is cool as hell too, especially the break to the pre-chorus: "Falling into..." That part is awesome!