Favorite song from debut Symphony X album?

I don't know why my heart keeps calling, but I really don't want you to stay!

• Total voters
I think they will all be pretty good once they redo the recording, but as they stand now I like "Rapture or Pain" the best. It's the only song I can get through without noticing either poor production or really "hard to stomach" vocals.

I do like the intro to "Taunting the Notorius" though. I can't wait to hear that redone!

I think I'll vote for "Absinthe and Rue"... though for some strange reason... I can't seem to stop listening to "Shades of Grey" lately!

Luis said:
Shades of Grey is beautiful, i cant wait to listen to it with Russell. The best ballad after Candelight Fantasia.

I don't think it's as good as The Lady of the Snow or Communion and the Oracle...

damnt !

hehe
these days I've been thinking of making polls from time to time asking the best song from each album
and then get the winners and make a final poll :D

it could be considered kind of a best SymX song in general

but let's go

when this topic "ends" I'll make one about TDG

I find myself banging my head EVERY time I listen to "Absinthe and Rue"... I made an unofficial burnt Symphony X fun mix with that song on it... Listen to it all the time. WARNING: listening to "Absinthe and Rue" may cause excessive 'pedal to the metal' when driving

ShredManWalking said:
I find myself banging my head EVERY time I listen to "Absinthe and Rue"... I made an unofficial burnt Symphony X fun mix with that song on it... Listen to it all the time. WARNING: listening to "Absinthe and Rue" may cause excessive 'pedal to the metal' when driving

I know! When I'm listening to Symphony X in the car it makes me speed... or do double bass with the gas and brakes :D