Favorite thread that has something to do with Symphony X?

Favorite thread that has something to do with Symphony X?

• guess who's drunk yet still has more beer??? (official drunk post thread)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Official Off Topic Thread

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Now Playing

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Your last purchase??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lets have a pics thread :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2008 Political debate thread

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Nov 20, 2006
Chicago
Seriously, people, can we talk about Symphony X just a little more on the official Symphony X forum? Every other band's forum is filled with polls and questions and song analyses and whatnot... why can't Symphony X have that right? How about a favorite solo thread, or a favorite bass riff thread, or a favorite drum fill thread, or a favorite lyric thread, or a thread analyzing the ratio of keyboard solos to guitar solos in all of Symphony X's songs (58:121, by the way), or an official sheet music thread, or a "How many toms does Jason Rullo have?" thread, or the official "Dissonant part in Domination" thread. Ridiculous? Maybe. Fun? I think so.

I'll never get sick of favorite song polls, or favorite album polls. So what if they're unoriginal and overdone? People come to a band's forum to discuss the band!

Well, I voted for the Official Off Topic Thread. Because of the irony.

I do have to slightly agree. There's only so I long I feel like following the 900+ pages of an off-topic thread before I stare at the picture up top and say: "where band go?"

Seriously, people, can we talk about Symphony X just a little more on the official Symphony X forum? Every other band's forum is filled with polls and questions and song analyses and whatnot... why can't Symphony X have that right? How about a favorite solo thread, or a favorite bass riff thread, or a favorite drum fill thread, or a favorite lyric thread, or a thread analyzing the ratio of keyboard solos to guitar solos in all of Symphony X's songs (58:121, by the way), or an official sheet music thread, or a "How many toms does Jason Rullo have?" thread, or the official "Dissonant part in Domination" thread. Ridiculous? Maybe. Fun? I think so.

I'll never get sick of favorite song polls, or favorite album polls. So what if they're unoriginal and overdone? People come to a band's forum to discuss the band!

like ken said check out thread archives or hell start a new one yourself on such a topic, but forgive people like myself for not participating on threads like that anymore or not being enthusiastic about them, its just that some of us have been on this forum a very long time and have seen those things be brought up again and again for years and years, especially during the 5yr wait between the last two albums - it gave alot of time to ponder the intricacies of the band and previous albums haha - but i'm sure there's alot of newer people on the forum that would still love to discuss this.

for example, there was a game we played several years ago that some of you might enjoy, that i always remembered, it was where you give a couple of words from a symx song and the next person has to guess the song title etc. and continue. that was fun!

I've always been more of an off-topic type. I want to chat nonsense with Symphony X fans and have fun.

As said before, search function is the way to go. There's probably a topic already made for every possible phenomena concerning or not concerning the band. But not about Battletoads, I think. Nor Candlejack which is a sh

I voted for the off topic thread simply because it has no topic. It's a very relaxed thread where you can just hang out and say whatever you want.

like ken said check out thread archives or hell start a new one yourself on such a topic, but forgive people like myself for not participating on threads like that anymore or not being enthusiastic about them, its just that some of us have been on this forum a very long time and have seen those things be brought up again and again for years and years, especially during the 5yr wait between the last two albums - it gave alot of time to ponder the intricacies of the band and previous albums haha - but i'm sure there's alot of newer people on the forum that would still love to discuss this.

I'm one of the few new guys here, and I must admit that whenever I have a thread idea that has something to do with SymX I'd always do a search before just to end up finding out that it has already been posted a couple of years ago or so. I mean MOST of you guys are here since 2003-2004, and there is very few (if ever) newer guys who are active, so I just forget about it.

But oh well, this place might not be the most active on UM, but I still like it the most.

I've always been more of an off-topic type. I want to chat nonsense with Symphony X fans and have fun.
:kickass:

Ps: Lasse, I've just noticed you're here since 2002. Wow man.

How much can you discuss a band?...snooze.

Exactly. This is what happened on the Planet X board some time ago. There are only so many music theory, time signature and "OMG I love PX so much" threads that can be started before it reaches the saturation point. Same seems to have happened here. I stopped posting for a while because of the long wait for PL to come out. At that period, it didn't even have a title!

With that said, I agree with Marwen in that the people on this forum kick ass. That's why I still continue to post here. 2008 debate thread was awesome!:)

for example, there was a game we played several years ago that some of you might enjoy, that i always remembered, it was where you give a couple of words from a symx song and the next person has to guess the song title etc. and continue. that was fun!

LOL! Me and Amanda (The Metal Chick) came up with that idea of the lyric game waaay back for the same reason that this very thread was created, because this board had gone down a path of having no talk of SyX. Of course it was during the early portion of that dreaded time of waiting for the new album of what later would be called PL. We even came up with some other SyX topics at the same time along with it.

I have gotten to the point to where I understand if nobody wants to talk about the band during such a non-active and slow time period for the band; however, I feel that certain threads such as "the official off-topic thread" and "your last purchase thread" defeat the purpose of a message board. Instead of people making a fresh new thread about something off-topic or something that they recently purchased they have to add what they want to talk about to a thread of 500 or more posts all talking about other things. For example, if I want to talk about a new CD that I bought and somebody here has already mentioned the same CD, it would be easier to discuss it if that person had made there own new thread about it rather than posted something about it randomly on the "off-topic" or "last purchase" thread where everything gets buried in everything else. Defeats the purpose of a message board and creates more of a chat room format. People DO know that SyX has an IRC chat room right?

Gotta say, I absolutley hate it when I go on a band forum and all I see is "polls and questions and song analyses and whatnot".