Your favorite Symphony X subtle details

I also like Russel's "YEAH!!!" in wicked right after "long dark hair flowing down around her thighs..." its kind like he's shouting "Score!" cuz he thinks he's gonna bone some hot goth chick.

whatever.. you want to develop an opinion over something that was firstly not even remotely negative, and secondly in purely good humour thats your issue not mine..i did nothing wrong..

STFU LOL WTF!!!11ONE

Anyway, I guess I just interpreted you wrong, my apologies. I'll have to find another victim.

^ now thats done with.. :)

i mentioned recently talking about the live cd of theirs, but some stuff russ does in that cd is awesome.. like the 'she said im not afraid' part in TTLG.. genius..

Inferno,the growl part after "Infecting one and all"...What is he actually growling there?

I do believe it says "keeping me down" which would make sense with the the next line "forces, they're oppressing me"

and then later on the same idea repeats right after "Never losing sight", but i figure he just repeats" Never losing" there.

In reference to:
"I miss the rolling hills of Ithaca" *SIGH* genious"

I think he was saying the fact that after Allen says that line, he lets out his own sigh ("ooohhh")... which conveys sadness, and that is what is genius about it.

i mentioned recently talking about the live cd of theirs, but some stuff russ does in that cd is awesome.. like the 'she said im not afraid' part in TTLG.. genius..

Heck yeah, though I wouldn't really call his additions "subtle details", but they add tremendously to the songs. That whol TTLG section is amazing, in my book. "Just let it fly" sounds perfect during Romeo's ripping.

There are too many to name! But there's one that's so simple it really blew my mind when I suddenly noticed it after years of listening to The Divine Wings of Tragedy. In The Accolade, 2 minutes in, the riff is exactly like the main riff from Of Sins and Shadows, but only for about 12 seconds before changing into the new main riff for the song. I love how it's so subtle but ties the songs together musically.

To name another, at about 6:45 in the title track on The Odyssey, it sounds like a reference to Cygnus X-1 by Rush.

I'm a little overwhelmed by having found this thread. I have to stop before I stay up all night listening to every SX song and finding something to comment about!

/n00b
//only to the forum, not the band!

I like in Awakenings, the little dissonant and ominous piano part, just before the song turns heavy.
ditto...and I always thought that intro sounded like something from Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past :)

I also like Russel's "YEAH!!!" in wicked right after "long dark hair flowing down around her thighs..." its kind like he's shouting "Score!" cuz he thinks he's gonna bone some hot goth chick.
nice :lol:

I love that part in the odyssey where odysseus has just come home and there is a splash symbol buildup sorta thing over a reeeeally nice melody..... just b4 the champion of ithaca section. It still gives me a chill down my spine every time i hear it.

Divine wings of tragedy:
- 'eternal is the pain that leads me to temptation' during 'the prophet's cry'
- the keyboards when russell sings 'the burning conflict i'm feeling...'
- (live version) when the bass comes in in 'paradise regained,' as russell sings 'and all i know..."
- i also love how the keys change constantly by a minor third, throughout the song.
- after the choral part, when the heavy part kicks in, and the whole thing crescendoes before changing to the key of F.

I love that part in the odyssey where odysseus has just come home and there is a splash symbol buildup sorta thing over a reeeeally nice melody..... just b4 the champion of ithaca section. It still gives me a chill down my spine every time i hear it.

its one of those in-your-face epic moments.

i like the whole part that sounds like they are caught in some treacherous storm out at sea... basically, thats exactly why i like it, you don't need to be told they are being tossed around on the waves.

The voice harmony in the Turning at 1.50, where he sings "side by side with myself again", that always gets me.