Your favorite Symphony X subtle details

what do you mean theres nothing going on at the moment on this board??? theres.. umm.. the always popular pics thread and off-topic thread.. and theres those threads about the south park symphony x'ers.. and the nu-metal one.. its all quality stuff!!

Okay seriously, stop bitching. It's really annoying and it seems that's all you do.

You know, for a long time, I thought that was just in my head, but I guess it's not.

man there are so many little things that I love about symphony and not just SX, but many prog bands.

I'll a list some here and write more when I think of them later:

1) The Odyssey:
- 6:23: the snare/toms played along with the awesome rhythm.
- 16:45: Rullo playing the snare along with the orchestration
- 16:59: Rullo's tom roll has a very nice feel.
22:52: While allen is singing "end of my odyssey..." there is a beautiful choir singing in the background, it's my favorite part of the entire song.

2) The Bird-serpent war:
- 00:13-00:14 sec: rullo's drumming follows the lightning fast riff, he does it more throughout the song with different patterns that still sound great.

3) A Fool's Paradise:
- 3:34: solo with romeo and pinnella playing along with each other

4) Rediscovery pt. II:
- 9:22-23: Romeo's wicked lick

5) Communion:
- 2:43: Rullo's groovy feel; you can hear it better on the live version

6) Eyes of Medusa:
- 00:53: key change with the wicked keyboard sound, I seriously love that part, so dark and gripping.
- 1:01: Rullo's kick drums following romeo's fast riffs.

7) Witching Hour:
- 00:07: Rullo's high tom roll

8) Savage Curtain
- 2:51: Guitars and Bass playing solo together.

9) Dressed To Kill
- 00:40: I like how the rhythm starts off a bit slow, gets a bit faster, then double bass and thrash madness.

Man I could keep going, there's just too much I like about the little things

the odssey...

"I miss the rolling hills of Ithaca" *SIGH* genious also..
"Revenge BURNS in my heart" When allen says burns its almost as if his voice is on fire and burning...

That is just about my favorite thing ever, thank you for saying that lol.

How is that genious? He got it straight from the novels.

He's talking about the way it's sung, and just because it was picked out doesn't mean it's not *genius* and it's not straight from the Poems (not novels)... not that I can remember reading. He did miss his homeland.

^ Fine, but it still ain't genius, and it pretty much is straight from the novels (albeit not exactly)

i love how russel has more grit during the second chorus of egypt than he did with the first, particularly with the last word, "one". It emphasizes the way things have become corrupted with the power. And when Russel sings "rise my minions" his voice rises up quickly, and then goes right down in color and pitch to sing "from within the DEEP abyss". Very appropiate.

I LOVE the vocals at the start of Lady of the Snow... SOOOO atmospheric and incredibly attention grabbing. It immediately gets you into the sort of dream like loss of control that part of the song suggests as the result of the infatuation with said lady.

The Very high vocal harmonies on both sea of lies and wicked. I didn't even notice the upper harmony on the part "burn forever" until i got better quality speakers, then i was like, sweet!

some of the things that stand out lately.

oh and I also love how throught the oddyssey, some of the same themes are reintroduced by switch from major, to minor, to dimminshed and all around like that.

yes but there was nothing at all in it to call.. i was serious about them being good threads atm - at least to me they are.. other than that, sorry if my sense of humour doesnt come across well on screen, i cant be bothered using smiley faces to portray every nuance of emotion to show when im mucking around (which i do 90% of the time) - some people are far too literal i guess..

yes but there was nothing at all in it to call.. i was serious about them being good threads atm - at least to me they are.. other than that, sorry if my sense of humour doesnt come across well on screen, i cant be bothered using smiley faces to portray every nuance of emotion to show when im mucking around (which i do 90% of the time) - some people are far too literal i guess..

I really think everything you said was laced with sarcasm. But whatever.

I love how in Egypt where the bass and guitar solo begins, if you listen REALLY hard you can actually see the characters of night/day fighting each other.

But seriously I just love the whole overwhelming feeling of victory and trouble thats conveyed through the whole V album, I love in Rediscovery Pt 2 just before that very Queen "we can never understand!" part how it just suddenly takes a very dark and heavy turn and the dark sound just wraps around you. Its not very subtle I know but just thought I'd throw that in.

Montu Sekhmet said:
I really think everything you said was laced with sarcasm. But whatever.

whatever.. you want to develop an opinion over something that was firstly not even remotely negative, and secondly in purely good humour thats your issue not mine..i did nothing wrong..