Something Wild Fan Thread With Poll:kickass:

Best Something Wild Song

• Total voters
Red Light In My Eyes part I

I always found that the first minute of this song to be pretty damn flawless. Like it's just pure amazing even though the opening riff wasn't written by Alexi. Despite that, the entire intro was pure genius but after that the rest almost seemed like filler.:kickass:

I gave a spin for SW a week ago or so, with sort of fresh ears. I think Deadnight Warrior is a pretty kickass song with the double bass and metallic keyboards. Of course Lake Bodom has that classic melody and cool vocals. And Red Light In My Eyes 1 when the song speeds up, kickass moment.

The ending of The Nail sounds almost exactly like the ending of Far Beyond The Sun by Yngwie Malmsteen. Other than that the only other main similarities to Yngwie are on a few lead licks throughout the album. I didn't care though, I think the whole theme of the album rawked.:kickass:

In The Shadows, because the melodic part towards the end of the song.
It's blackmetal mixed with one of the most amazing classical influenced "solo" I've ever heard. I wish Alexi would consider playing it live.

It's amazing album, not the best but all the songs are really good, except Rlimept2.
The best song Imo is the nail, just over lake bodom and in the shadows and touch like an angel of death and deadnight warrior and Rlimept1 and...well that was it.

Does anyone know if there actually is something (speech etc) on the 8'th track? It would have been cool if it actually had the keyboard solo...well but it's alright after the Tlaaod too...

It was so hard to choose just one song...
I love this album. I remember when I bought it and I was a bit of a COB n00b I was a bit worried I wouldn't like the songs because it was a debut but I was totally wrong.
To be honest this and 'Hatebreeder' are probably my favorite Bodom albums. What I go back to when I've had a break from the band and want to fall in love with all over again.

LAKE BODOM is my favorite on this album the guitar work for it is amazing and great vocals as well can't believe how younge the guys were back then

Good call on the Castlevania referfence. I always thought the whole album sounded like "Dracula's castle" type music.

This is Bodom's best album because the aura and the emotion are unparalleled (By any other album on the planet). I definitely miss the mystical COB that made way for the "Its cool to be an alcoholic scumbag" COB.

By the way, my favorite song is "The Nail". Awesome fucken energy and sick ass classical parts.