Inearthed/Something Wild question

Marowak

Sep 19, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't COB recording Something Wild under the Inearthed name before they switched labels? I'm asking this because a lot of the lyrics on the album are presumably about the Lake Bodom murders, but they weren't using the Bodom name when they wrote the album. I mean of course they could have written about the murders despite the band's name, but I always assumed they chose their early themes due to their name change. It at least inspired them later on with songs like Bodom Beach Terror and such.

The only other conclusion I could come to, is that they wrote and recorded the lyrics and vocals last minute after they changed their name. True Alexi Laiho fashion. I'm not expecting a tangible answer out of this, but it's fun to think about....

Only the lyrics of Touch Like Angel of Death were ever published and the only lines that match the Lake Bodom murders are:

In the dawn I'm in chains of beastial rage
And forced to make you dead

...In the dead of night I'm laughing
While stabbing you, one hundred and thirteen times

It is only coincidental these lines resemble the Lake Bodom mystery. The album was made before Spinefarm got their hands on it. They only changed the band name, and the name of track 5, which could've been originally titled Something Wild for all we know... They apparently named it Lake Bodom because the melody is mysterious and doomy and reminds of water. Thus it was only prelude to the first actual Children Of Bodom album, Hatebreeder. For me there are only two real Children Of Bodom albums, and the other is of course Follow the Reaper. After that they haven't been really inspired by that cult idea any longer.

This was discussed a while ago and I think the album was originally meant to be titled Inearthed - Something Wild. This band name sucks anyway and what's up with the capital D. It was just a bunch of guys who had to revise their name to fake the break-up for the record label switch, and I'm guessing another reason is the name Inearthed is just meaningless.