What is your favorite and least favorite Emperor albums?

Life Sucks said:
I dunno. But In the Nightside Eclipse is an EXTREMELY overrated album, and is far from the best black metal album ever, like many seem to think it is.

and the best black metal album is...........

"Nightside" is the best thing they have done... "Prometheus" being the worst. That opinion seems to go along with what most are saying in this thread.

Even "Nightside" isn't all that terrific though (though a few tracks reach that level, "into the infiinity of thoughts" and "inno satana" for instance). Emperor hasn't made an album where every song was consistent in songwriting and total quality, at least to my ears...

Life Sucks said:
That's a though call. But Mjolnir, Moonblood, Graveland, Sacramentum, Burzum, Darkthrone, Bathory, Nokturnal Mortum, and plenty of other bands have released black metal albums superior to ItNE.

not that any of those bands are bad but come on graveland, burzum, bathory and darkthrone are the only ones there you could even argue are in contention

I haven't heard them all, but I think Anthems is the best. And what i've heard off of Prometheus (haven't heard the entire thing) was pretty awkward.

So
Favorite= Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk

Spectacular Views said:
not that any of those bands are bad but come on graveland, burzum, bathory and darkthrone are the only ones there you could even argue are in contention

um, far away from the sun, faggot (i also prefer this to everything by bathory, darkthrone and arguably graveland as well, for that matter)

Karsa said:
um, far away from the sun, faggot (i also prefer this to everything by bathory, darkthrone and arguably graveland as well, for that matter)

sacramentum fucking suck, most overrated bm band (by elitists) ever

Shut the fuck up polarity. Sacramentum does not fucking suck. Stop your trolling.

emperor is one of the most overrated band's.

Sacramentum on the other hand is brilliant. Anders as a guitarist is insane and underrated. I have been playing guitar for a bit and the guy is on his own level plain and simple.

Spectacular Views said:
sacramentum fucking suck, most overrated bm band (by elitists) ever

second or third or possibly fourth best metal album ever, you dont know what youre talking about, this is however unsurprising

doll6.png

oh god yes

top 5 black metal albums

1. hvis lyset tar oss
2. filosofem
3. transilvanian hunger
4. scarlet evil witching black
5. in the nightside eclipse