What is your favorite and least favorite Emperor albums?

ITNE is my favourite Emperor album. As for the best black metal album... one of these 3 : Mayhem - DMDS, Burzum - s/t, Graveland - Following The Voice Of Blood

Emperor is in no way overrated. But I wouldn't put it past a bunch of Dimmu Borgir fanboys to come to such a conclusion...

Anthems is my favorite, although I have yet to REALLY listen to all of their material.

Prometheus is my favorite (I like experimental music). I don't know what one is my least favorite since I like them all.

metal_wrath said:
:)
You are a failure.

Prob Scattered Ashes, greatest hits whould be the best "album" to start with
I haven't got Scattered Ashges but that song Aerie Descent kicks ass, that's one of my favorites if not my favorite Emperor song. Is that song a cover or what? I just heard it on Sirius radio a few times like on Roots Bloody Roots when Ihsahn was being interviewed.

bluewizard said:
I haven't got Scattered Ashges but that song Aerie Descent kicks ass, that's one of my favorites if not my favorite Emperor song. Is that song a cover or what? I just heard it on Sirius radio a few times like on Roots Bloody Roots when Ihsahn was being interviewed.
That song is from a split w/Thorns. It comes on the second disk, which has unreleased and rare tracks...

metal_wrath said:
That song is from a split w/Thorns. It comes on the second disk, which has unreleased and rare tracks...
I noticed a couple tracks were off the Wrath of The Tyrant album such as The Moon over (Place I forget).