NEED Help - Mic Pre noise??

I've been very unimpressed when opening up power conditioners and having a look inside.... Unless you are spending big bucks, most of them are just a powerstrip with flashy lights.

If you want a good power conditioner look on ebay for the used ones that were used for medical equipment in hospitals. Sometimes you can pick up a used $1000 power conditioner for $50. Usually they aren't the prettiest looking thing but they work.

I know I've posted this in past threads, but I'll say it again- grab some APC Line-R 1200's..... They are cheap as dirt($50), condition the power, regulate voltage, and isolate noise.

I had a voltage spike come through my house last week due to a thunderstorm. Destroyed the APC, but it saved my SCA preamp, right monitor, right screen, and US-2400.

Also, when power goes out, I noticed these APC units hold power for about 10 seconds, so it keeps my PC turned on for quick outages. Saves me a ton of heartache. Grab some for the road too, would be great to plug in to one at a show where power is usually 'lacking'.

Hey guys! ... So despite the issue fixing itself... it seems it worked for a bit and now is back... It seems like the cable end connected to the RME was all good, and then I moved it and the noise is back.. I tried different cables, no change SHIT...

Here's a clip of my guitar DI only about 10 seconds long! If you guys would like to decipher my issue please do! The p1 is getting taken back if need be...

Cheers,
Chris

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/306055/ErminP1Loud.wav

Finally got to the root of the problem...

The RME using the PCI card was causing a ground loop between the RME and the P1... So I took out the ground line from my balanced cable between the 2 and all is well!

So sweet, now I have my set up all good and working!