Reamping noise

someone at alesis told me once to power my computer, interface as well as my rig on different ac circuits. was this wrong info?

someone at alesis told me once to power my computer, interface as well as my rig on different ac circuits. was this wrong info?

I don't know the basis for this statement... maybe a circuit loading issue.

if you have two active components connected that are referenced to different Ground points, this is likely to cause a Ground Loop. I would need to know more.

This is where correctly wired balanced really saves the day, but there's a lot of Single-ended.

its probably the 9v power supply powering your 808.
i had this problem

could be and this is easy enough to determine.

shit... i just snapped to who posted this thread... sorry Mark... lol. i had only read the posts, not really looked at the names. glad you got it sorted.

Haha, after two years, I think he's forgiven you dude - and on topic, after reading Metalworks' thread about his reamping noise, I'm definitely gonna get the Cuniberti to minimize the amount of AC power involved in the signal chain

hahaha! how old is this thread!?!? i havent owned an 002 in nearly two years.:OMG: needless to say i got it figured out.

Really old, haha. I just felt silly starting a new thread when people would just say "search function", so I figured I'd bring this one up as context for my problem. Hopefully you aren't to embarrassed. :D