Need help with replacement

4yearstrong

New Metal Member
Mar 29, 2011
I've had addictive drums for a while, but I'm not too into the kick and snare. I have some samples that I would really like to use. I don't have the money for drumagog..or anything really...and I've tried some free ones such as kt drum trigger and box sounds replacer but I can't seem to figure out how to work them. What can I do? Also, I'm in reaper

Doesn't it have its own "ReaSampleOmatic" or what it's called ?
Im a REAPER user too, never tried it though.

It would alteast give you something if you're out of cash for anything serious.

/There is also various triggers and samplers in the JS effects that come with it, try some of that stuff maybe.

Look for Jonas Drumreaplacer on the Reaper forum. It's free, and it works really good here.

This looked great! But I downloaded it and can't even find the plugin. All I got was a readme, two wave, and a reaper project. Where can I get the actual plugin?

it's not a normal plugin like a DLL file. When you read the readme file , it tells you where to put the two folders.

Speaking of which, I can't get the replacer working for some reason. Everythings all set up right ( I know because I've done it multiple times) but on my new comp win7 64 - 32bit reaper though. Just cant seem to figure out what the problem is.

it's not a normal plugin like a DLL file. When you read the readme file , it tells you where to put the two folders.

Speaking of which, I can't get the replacer working for some reason. Everythings all set up right ( I know because I've done it multiple times) but on my new comp win7 64 - 32bit reaper though. Just cant seem to figure out what the problem is.

If you have Win7, the path to drop the folders in is: users\[username]\appdata\roaming\Reaper\effects and users\[username]\appdata\roaming\Reaper\data

Hope that works out for you :headbang:

I am not on Win7 at the moment and have no appdata folder. I also read that the file is actually supposed to be in REAPER/installdata/data . I TRIED EVERYTHING AND STILL CANNOT GET IT TO WORK! THIS JS IS SO FRUSTERATING!

There is also JS "stillwell trigger" pretty sure thats the name that maps audio to midi. Don't even have to download it, should already be in the JS folder.

Edit: Although that would require you to still have something to trigger the samples from the midi, my bad!

I've had the problem of not installing for me too, although it was just because I couldn't find the folders, and they didn't come up in search and I was like wuuuuuuut.
It was like in documents and setting or something.

There is also JS "stillwell trigger" pretty sure thats the name that maps audio to midi. Don't even have to download it, should already be in the JS folder.

Edit: Although that would require you to still have something to trigger the samples from the midi, my bad!

Yea thats the first thing I tried but then I couldn't find anything to trigger the samples from the midi. I feel like this should be a lot easier. All I want is to replace the kick and snare from AD with samples...and without spending $100.

I've had the problem of not installing for me too, although it was just because I couldn't find the folders, and they didn't come up in search and I was like wuuuuuuut.
It was like in documents and setting or something.

Yea I check in documents and settings. I even put each folder everywhere in hopes of it working...but nope :/

appdata folder in Windows IIRC is not visible by default. You have to set hidden folders to be visible in the Windows explorer. Under Tools menu there's an option 'Folder options'. Click on it, then choose 'View' card. Find there 'show hidden files and folders', and choose that one instead the default one ('do not show hidden files and folders'). Now go and find Reaper in appdata and voilà, there you go.

appdata folder in Windows IIRC is not visible by default. You have to set hidden folders to be visible in the Windows explorer. Under Tools menu there's an option 'Folder options'. Click on it, then choose 'View' card. Find there 'show hidden files and folders', and choose that one instead the default one ('do not show hidden files and folders'). Now go and find Reaper in appdata and voilà, there you go.

CLUTCH! Thank you so much man! It works perfect! Could not be happier! Now I just have to figure out how to put my sample collection in there...I tried everything but I still just get the Snare from pipeline or something in the drop down menu in the plugin even tho i put some wavs in every drumreaplacer folder in my computer. hmmmmmm...