Need help with the video!

Harvester said:
I'm an amateur at this stuff, so I have run into some snags. I found a free dvd -mpeg recorder. It ripped the dvd nice and easy. The problem is that it ripped it to a dvd-quality mpeg. The seven minute song ended up being 135 MB. That's way too large for the server to handle, even zipped. There were no options for recording at a lower quaity setting (remember, this was free and easy).

Any ideas on what *free* program I can use to either downsize the existing mpeg or one that I could re-rip the dvd at lower setting?

Glenn H.

If you haven't gotten in touch with Don and/or gotten this taken care of,
Drop me a line at j-dunya777 AT charter DOT net, I might be able to help

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
If you haven't gotten in touch with Don and/or gotten this taken care of,
Drop me a line at j-dunya777 AT charter DOT net, I might be able to help

J-Dubya

DOH! That should be j-dubya777 AT charter DOT net

Jeeze, wtf is wrong with me lately, besides OLD age? :loco:
Sorry Glenn, if you tried to reach me at the "bad" address....

J-Dubya

Let me just run right out the door and do that.

Glenn
who is just waiting on the damn key from a program he purchased to do the final conversion from avi to mpeg

I am pulling my hair out. I have it down to a 50 MB avi. So I ordered a program for avi to mpeg. It took 3 days to get the damn key. I went to use it last night and it won't work. I mean it won't work at all, not just not doing it the way I want. I am waiting to hear back from tech support before I do something else.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to hook me up with an avi converter/compresser that will not have any tags on it (the freewares do this), then email me.

Glenn H.

Punch, punch, punch, transfer this data
Into code. Wide eyes watch my
Number 156 is shown...