Need help

Knarfi

Yaba-daba-doo!
May 19, 2006
Emmen/Leeuwarden, the Netherlands
Okay, so here's the story.

My PC has been out of use for a while since it was flooded with virusses and whatnot while i was gone for 2 weeks and my father/sister thought they could download anything without problems.
So, today i decided to format my pc. I had everything up and ready, and when I pressed F11 repeatedly in BIOS the option came if i wanted to boot via HDD or CD. I took CD ofcourse, but after that my pc wouldnt respond if i pressed a key at the "press any key if you want to boot from cd" thing. I retried a few times but nothing. It also didnt respond at the "do you want boot windows in safe mode" thing. So i thought its maybe because my keyboard is USB, and that the USB-ports were disabled during some of those screens.

So i decided to get an old keyboard, and (while the pc was still turned on) i plugged it in. It suddenly started giving some beeps, i heared something burning for a quick second, and the PC shut down. After that i smelled some smoke coming out of my PC, but i dont see any signs of burning.
Now it doesnt boot anymore, as if there is no power supply in the case or something. When i looked at the keyboard plug i noticed one of the pins was missing, maybe this could have caused any problems, like a short circuit?

I hope anyone could tell me what could have been the cause, and/or what i can do to fix it. Thanks in advance!