*urgent* need computer help!!

thanks, sounds like i'll give win7 a shot....hope this will fix my issues.

quick question though: i have my hard drive partitioned so that win xp is on C: , and for example all my non-studio related music is at D:
with win xp, i'd only have to format c: and give it a clean install on that partition.
will it work with win 7, too?
or in other words, will installing win 7 on my C partition leave everything on the other partitions alone?

jesus fucking christ.

so, i did format c and installed win7 home premium 64bit.

installation works, fine, bootup issue is solved too.

re-installed reaper, fireface and ilok drivers, sound playback is fine [EDIT: actually, the fireface control display is showing me errors when playing back audio, along with dropouts!]. showed reaper my plugins folder and re-scanned the folder. works fine.

now the FUCKED UP part:

i can NOT open ANY of my old projects. reaper is ALWAYS crashing when loading the plugins used in the project.

HOW THE FUCK can i solve this???????

sorry for the strong words, but this is fucking me up real bad. some stuff i don't care about, but there are two projects that i just NEED access to.

no, i didn't.
i'm not too sure on the podfarm tone i used in one of the projects, i might have saved that, but then again i have another project that i can't open where i'm using podfarm strictly for delay only and i surely haven't saved these settings.
so, no presets involved.

ok, update.

first off, i have NO idea what caused the change.
in short words, i can open the projects just fine now.

the only changes i made today were switching to background services rather than programs in the windows system panel (you know what i mean), and swapping out the firewire cable for a new one. btw, this solved my audio errors, so i'm starting to wonder if the cable was actually the culprit all the time.

so, the only stuff that's not working anymore (aside from reaper having lost all my shortcuts and my custom theme.....) is
a) kontakt/SSD3 requires new activation.....sucks, as last time was a PITA.
b) i can't open pod farm in a new project. it works just fine in my old projects, but it doesn't appear in the fx list when trying to add it to a track.

ok, update.

first off, i have NO idea what caused the change.
in short words, i can open the projects just fine now.

the only changes i made today were switching to background services rather than programs in the windows system panel (you know what i mean), and swapping out the firewire cable for a new one. btw, this solved my audio errors, so i'm starting to wonder if the cable was actually the culprit all the time.

so, the only stuff that's not working anymore (aside from reaper having lost all my shortcuts and my custom theme.....) is
a) kontakt/SSD3 requires new activation.....sucks, as last time was a PITA.
b) i can't open pod farm in a new project. it works just fine in my old projects, but it doesn't appear in the fx list when trying to add it to a track.

a) go to NI website, there is the user area where you can get the lisence codes
b) install ilok drivers

thanks, will do!
edit: to clarify, NI service center says all products are activated, but if i choose kontakt 2 it says "no binary found".

in reaper, kontakt 3 loads fine, but i can't load ssd as it's not activated.

as for the ilok drivers, already did that. as i said, pod farm is running fine in my old projects, but i can't open it in a new one!

edit 2: pod farm works fine now. clearing the cache and re-scanning the vst folder worked. why didn't i do that earlier hehe.

as for SSD, i guess i'll have to re-install it....guess the binary file was in some subfolder on C, and got lost when formating the drive...