need HM-2 Help

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
MY MIJ HM-2 has just arrived....and fucking hell, it sounds TERRIBLE!
I mean it sound almost broken, with the treble all the way up it sounds like a defective wah pedal...

what settings are you using, how is it supposed to sound?

Ahaha I had this yesterday too, it's the last 5/10% on the H tone knob that does it, roll that back a bit.
And either use the amp OR the pedal drive for distortion.

MY MIJ HM-2 has just arrived....and fucking hell, it sounds TERRIBLE!
I mean it sound almost broken, with the treble all the way up it sounds like a defective wah pedal...

what settings are you using, how is it supposed to sound?

From reading it sounds just right. :erk:
Only thing that could be is that your psu isn#t right, then it will sound even more strange ;)
But I guess you used a battery?

That should be a good reference (for all knobs at max, characteristic mid-hump)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahaha I had this yesterday too, it's the last 5/10% on the H tone knob that does it, roll that back a bit.
And either use the amp OR the pedal drive for distortion.

+1 That's how it acts with my jvm. All knobs maxed sounds like shit. The last 5% of travel on the treble knob sends it overboard into bloody mess territory.

Nice man, they sound great with Marshalls.
Needs more of this \/ imo

a_nose.jpg

Also, no-one ever search for nose on google images, there are a lot disfigured ones! :puke:

Here's another good reference. HM-2 is supposed to sound like diarrhea.

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad you could bite the bullet and raise the knobs :D
I mean the other test is also good sounding, but there are so many other pedals that can make a normal distortion.
Its an interesting combination. The Hm-2 loose as hell combined with your chain that is usually tight as hell.

I still wonder how Boss could sell so many pedals. And calling it "heavy metal" was just out of place. I mean calling it chainsaw distortion or broken fuzz would be closer to what it sounds. :)

Cannibal Corpse tone on the last two records is always another good reference, for a toned down HM-2 implementation.
I think they used an MT-2, but I'm sure you could get that sound with an HM-2.

Now you're talkin' Lasse.

I'd just like to see you get the all up on full to work as advertised...

The 2nd one is pretty much as I'd expect something like this to sound. Awesome, and I'm not a huge fan of that kind of stuff.
But that sounds like I think it is supposed to sound hehe

Not much Lasse sound left in there :lol: