need HM-2 Help

:lol: I couldn't help it and ended up just using it as a booster (with a litttttttllleee bit of character).

There's another underrated Boss pedal that works surprisingly well as a booster. It's the Metal Zone (MT-2), try it if you have one lying around.

yeah, used the MT2 as a booster for some DM stuff I did with great results, loving it into a Recto or Überschall...instant Cannibal Corpse tone

i was really impressed by the left had path album sound !
im a great fan of this sound!
i recently purchased a hm-2 for some tests
great pedal ! great tone!
who had the idea to use it in death metal?
The boss hm-2 swedish death sound was originated by Leffe Cuzner of Nihilist in the late 80s. I love the Left Hand Path and Dismember guitar tone

ALL Entombed is HM-2... so yes.

Anyone know if The Jester Race is HM-2?
I had always thought it was... but realised that that was just an assumption the other day.
I've never heard of The Jester Race being HM-2. I think is was some Marshall Valvestate, but I don't know specifics

not the perfect topic, but I think some of you might like it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/835060/music/grindmaster.mp3

just a short soundtest, guitars were TS into Amplitube 3's HM-2 model into Lepou Hybrit
into awesometime impulses, another track with the same set but Amplitube 3's MT2 model.
The same for the other side-it actually behaves like the real one in my opinion, with the
knob diming and so on.

The Amplitube HM-2 is similar in character, but not the real thing. I use it for scratch tracks, goofing around, recording ideas, and monitoring DIs.

I've never heard of The Jester Race being HM-2. I think is was some Marshall Valvestate, but I don't know specifics

Actually I'm pretty sure it was a MT-2 + Marshall for that album.

Anyways, +1 for this thread. I personally use it as more of a boost than for the fully-bloomed buzzsaw distortion.