Need inspiration with food (for long days in the studio)

Erkan, if you're getting bored of 'sandwiches' you might just be missing out on how versatile 'bread with stuff in between' can be.

What does a sandwich normally consist of? Being 'bored of sandwiches' entirely is pretty hard to do, so unless you've been rotating between a small number of simple things you're probably overlooking tons of great meals.

It would be well worth it to invest in a cooler box and some freezer packs, and later on (when you need melted cheesy goodness or crispy toasted brad) a toaster oven.

Jeff

Idea for Pasta to take with you, Tuna+Peas+Sprinkle of cheese = Simple yet tasty snack... alternatively you could add some diced onion for extra bite

with regards to boring sarnies...

change your sauces or dressings about...

two of my favourites:

- Ham and Coleslaw
- Ham and Salad Cream

oh and a strange one i tried that worked, Ham and Honey...

Erkan, if you're getting bored of 'sandwiches' you might just be missing out on how versatile 'bread with stuff in between' can be.

What does a sandwich normally consist of? Being 'bored of sandwiches' entirely is pretty hard to do, so unless you've been rotating between a small number of simple things you're probably overlooking tons of great meals.

It would be well worth it to invest in a cooler box and some freezer packs, and later on (when you need melted cheesy goodness or crispy toasted brad) a toaster oven.

Jeff

Well fuck, yeah I can tell you that I have NOT tried a broad spectrum of things to put between bread. I've usually been rotating between mozarella cheese with some leaf-thin slices of chicken and stuff... I know there's a lot of stuff you can do but I always "freeze" up whenever I'm at the store and wondering what the hell to buy. I usually just go for the same old same old, and now I'm sick of it. I need a good kick in the ass to start trying new things.

Idea for Pasta to take with you, Tuna+Peas+Sprinkle of cheese = Simple yet tasty snack... alternatively you could add some diced onion for extra bite

with regards to boring sarnies...

change your sauces or dressings about...

two of my favourites:

- Ham and Coleslaw
- Ham and Salad Cream

oh and a strange one i tried that worked, Ham and Honey...

That sounds pretty tasty dude! Tuna, peas and stuff. Well, now I know what to bring with me tomorrow atleast, it's definately going to be pasta salad and I'm gonna freakin' put everything I "wouldn't" on it, just to open up the horizon a bit :D

That sounds pretty tasty dude! Tuna, peas and stuff. Well, now I know what to bring with me tomorrow atleast, it's definately going to be pasta salad and I'm gonna freakin' put everything I "wouldn't" on it, just to open up the horizon a bit :D

Nice to hear dude...

I remember my old housemate used to make a huge bowl (we're talking the size your mother uses to make cake mix with) of pasta and random stuff like chicken, tuna, peppers, stuff like that...

would keep it in the fridge and it would last for a few days...

What in the HELL is Salad Cream.

Its kinda like Mayo with vinegar, its got a bitter bite to it, but is absolutely amazing, if you've tried Tartar Sauce, its along similar lines without the bits in it...

Well fuck, yeah I can tell you that I have NOT tried a broad spectrum of things to put between bread. I've usually been rotating between mozarella cheese with some leaf-thin slices of chicken and stuff... I know there's a lot of stuff you can do but I always "freeze" up whenever I'm at the store and wondering what the hell to buy. I usually just go for the same old same old, and now I'm sick of it. I need a good kick in the ass to start trying new things.

What else do you usually go for?

Jeff

Its kinda like Mayo with vinegar, its got a bitter bite to it, but is absolutely amazing, if you've tried Tartar Sauce, its along similar lines without the bits in it...

Yeah and its less solid and dollopy and more sauce-like.

Not a big fan to be honest, it always tasted like a poor mans mayo to me.

Mick is soooooo fucking right!!!!!

When I recorded the first full length this summer, we only eat McDonalds, disscusting mirco-wave food, gyros, McDonalds, Burger King, gyros.........

On day 24 : One guitar player asked me if we want to buy some buns, some butter, gauda chees and salami, and I feeled soooo alive. I put some tomato and salat on mine, and I feld like I was new born!!!!!

When I was on a mini tour with my band we only eat McDonalds or Burger King on the freeway or the worst Vegan-food in the clubs.
On the last day we had a realy good vegan-catering and same thing:

We all feld like we were new born!!!!!!

Also never forget to drink enoug water, and quality juice. Your body will thank your for that.

I also learned that the hard way. I was only drinking coke, bear, coke, pepsi, bear..........in compination with the food

And holy shit my ass was on FIRE!!!!!!! and I felt soooo ill, and I smelled like a MOTHERFUCKER

If you can get your hands on a toaster oven, or toast a sandwich at home and keep it warm until lunchtime, there's tons of other stuff you could go for. Cheesesteaks, Reubens, ham and swiss... too many options, really.

Jeff

I also learned that the hard way. I was only drinking coke, bear, coke, pepsi, bear..........in compination with the food

Yeah, you never wanna drink too much bear. Mix that with some compinating and your stomach is done. :lol:

Yeah, you never wanna drink too much bear.

BEAR DRINKING WOOOO!

PolarBear77.jpg

+

classic-pint-glass1.jpg

=

fun-times-logo.jpg

(Yes, JBroll is sober... for now. No, I couldn't help myself. Also, there are bears living in my walls.)

Jeff