Need new audio interface to record guitars DIs

Master Of Sweep Picking

New Metal Member
Jul 7, 2008
Hi all!

I was listening to these DIs http://dl.dropbox.com/u/315457/Rex%2...20RoS DI.zip , and I was impressed, the quality of the audio is really good! I compared these recordings to the ones I did using my onboard sound card and the differece is HUGE.

So I need advice to get a new and cheap but good audio interface, must be able to record in 24 bit, the cheapest one around here is the Lexicon Alpha, but not sure about it.

Thanks a lot.

I saw that thread before creating this one. It's not what I am looking for, I created this thread to see what interface is using everyone here, also specifying the pros and cons.

Most of the guitar DIs I hear in these forums are very nice sounding, so it seems most people here knows what hardware to chose, well, I just want to know the brands and models of those interfaces, also a few comments about them won't hurt.

woah, those are my DI's :D

Those were actually recorded with a POD XT dude, nothing impressive. Actually, the .wav files are only 44.1KHz and 16-bit. I recorded them a 24bits originally, but iTunes won't let me convert to higher quality wavs. Matter of fact, I should've just uploaded the .aif files.

@Rex Rocker: So you used a PoD XT, sounds nice to my ears, there is this Toneport GX here which is really affordable, probably with it I´ll be able to get the same sound quality in my DIs!

@Dave1978: Thanks for the advise and for showing me such a good (but unfortunately out of my scope) piece of hardware, however, I'll take a look at the FastTrackPro, this one I can afford, what I like about it is the 2 mic/instrument XLR/TRS inputs!