Need opinions about this Mix! Symphonic Melodic Metal

pitoga

Nov 30, 2009
Lima - Peru
Greetings,

I had to mix this song pretty fast, for the band needed it so they would let them play in the upcoming sonata Arctica concert. The problem is, as for there was so little time to mix it, i feel there some issues here and there, My question is how bad is it? I got to re-mix it with plenty of time for the upcoming EP. But i wouldn't like to think that this is a pretty bad mix, so if its "normal" good enough. That's good for me because I know I was against the clock.

Thanks in advance

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36168310/MARIVE/SAILING THE DARK MASTER 5 FINAL.mp3

Looks like a clear statement to me, your vocals aren't panned center mate, they're leaning a bit to the right which sounds pretty distracting. Furthermore pretty good job! Keys/Orchestra sounds awesome, only my complaint is that it is mixed in way too loud in my opinion

Thanks. But that's pretty weird I have them sitting in the dead center. Could be some reverb or delay wich is doing this. Anyways thanks. And yeah me too would have mixed the orkesta a bit lower. I'll fix all this issues for the official release.

Edit: I just checked and your right how weird. Damn that happens if they make you work against the clock. Well my bad

It's pretty well done. Loud, but I can hear everything. They're right, the vocals are tilted to the right. What kinda gear and software are you using here? Mix sounds a little bright too. Are you using any kind of tape emulator or saturation? How were the drums done? Whatever you do, don't make it any louder or start squashing it with something like an L2. Ideally, i'd like the mix to have even more breathing room.