Need Recording Live Sound Help!

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
Ok i was asked to record live sound for this guy who is putting together a dvd of something for a band or whatever. Basically he needs me to record the band playing live at this venue. Now I am totally unsure what the venue has to work with and i kinda don't even want to rely on them.

Now is there a snake or something that i could rent or buy that would make it so i could tap into it and steal a line of all the stage Mic's for recording. Then it would still send a feed to the mixing board for the house pa?

This guy does this type of thing from time to time and may because some extra income for me so i really want to get this right. The guy is just sick of the 2 buss board mix he gets usually.

SO please any help guys would be great!! :worship:

cheapest option would be to just run direct outs even tho itll probably be post fader eq etc, unless foh is something like a midas then you can send pre fader. Find out what the desk is first.

Thanks Andy yea I'm gonna call and ask what there board is.

cheapest option would be to just run direct outs even tho itll probably be post fader eq etc,.

Yea i was worried about this cause if the guy running the board moves the faders around it would mess my recording up.

I just called local sound and lighting place, left them a message. I'm seeing if they have a splitter snake i can rent. I think that would be a better route unless they happen to have a board that has pre fader eq sends.