Need serious input on my first Brutal Death mix

acappa

Alex Cappa TMF Studios
Hey guys! I´m working on my first brutal death album and it´s getting impossible for me to achieve a good overall sounding mix-master.
The riffage is pretty old school, with lots of 16th notes on guitars/bass and drums are always doing blasts and gravities with really fast tempos.
The fact is I can´t get a mix with body with those loads of speed, blasts...
Maybe some of you can give me some advice from your experience in this genre.
Drums are Metalfoundry Aborted-Meshuggah licks tweaked by me in Sonar.
Guitars 5150, bass pod farm, vocals Shure Sm7.

Hope you can help me, thanks as always!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4255918/ANNIHILATION.mp3

It's not that loud actually, just sounds like a ton of clipping going on especially on the rolls, I can't imagine anyone would think that much clipping would sound good.:zombie: Perhaps try talking them out of the Death Magnetic vibe? Vocals are pretty loud at times, rhythm guitars sound kind of distant like there's a bunch of reverb on them, makes it a bit mushy. I could be wrong but the low mids and lows of the mix sound a tad busy for the genre, adding to the muddyness. Other than that it actually sounds pretty good, but please do something about the clipping.

t's not that loud actually, just sounds like a ton of clipping going on especially on the rolls, I can't imagine anyone would think that much clipping would sound good. Perhaps try talking them out of the Death Magnetic vibe? Vocals are pretty loud at times, rhythm guitars sound kind of distant like there's a bunch of reverb on them, makes it a bit mushy. I could be wrong but the low mids and lows of the mix sound a tad busy for the genre, adding to the muddyness. Other than that it actually sounds pretty good, but please do something about the clipping.

Thanks man! Maybe I´m clipping the converter too much! There´s no reverb going on guitars except for the melody at the end of the song. I have to check my low-mids maybe I´m scooping the guitars too much....
Oh man, I´m lost in this genre :err:

Thanks for you input!!!

Sounds pretty killer, perhaps the snare could use some automation when there's no blasting, it gets a bit buried in the mix.

No, isn't as audible as it was before, I could listen to it without thinking of it/noticing/being bothered by it.