Possible final mix/master for a batch of songs, need opinions

guitarplaya18

Dec 25, 2009
Hey, here is the possible final mix/master of a song that will be release with some other songs I have. Superior 2.0 drums, pod farm guitars and bass, ozone on the master buss. Just wondering what you think. I know I'm not going to achieve the amazing quality that some of you are able to, but I just want something that sounds good and that other people can enjoy without being distracted by a bad mix/master. There are some things that need to be tweaked, but here it is

EDIT: Updated mix/masters
OZone: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7077365/Trials Master Session.mp3

Ozone + psp VM2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7077365/Trials Master Session psp.mp3

Thanks

appreciate it man. The only thing in the master chain is ozone 4. I just put on one of the presets and it happened to sound really great. It was the cd master widening & something preset. I'm going to actually go into each module and do some tweaking and and some more to the chain.

lacks transparency, imho. try to eq the drums a bit brighter, especially the snare. try adding a low and high cut filter in the mastering chain, you have some energy taking subsonic freqs going on there (i see it on the moving of my speakercones)...

i really don´t like the electronic drums on this material - really great music and would benefit A LOT from real drums, but thats your choice. in the calm section you have some clipping on the guitars going on, you definately don´t want that in ur master...

I noticed the clipping, need to fix it. As far as the drums, I do this all in my college apartment so....if you want to track some real drums for me, I'm down ;)

The kick is a little too clicky, it is the default kick in superior and the best sounding. any tips to make it less clicky. The guitars mesh well but I feel like they are missing something. snare needs a little more snap/high end

eq and compress it, adjust the attack time on the compressor and add some low mids back in with the eq.

right now it is parallel comped with ssl e channel kick setting. I'll go back and tweak the settings to see if i can get something better out of it

the limited attack setting on the e channel isn't gonna help you enough, you need a variable control, it either does nothing on kicks or it squashes the shit out it.

What amp model did you use from the PODfarm? Are you using duel tone? I'm thinking of picking up the platinum edition soon. Was it easy to work with?

dual tone: treadplate and soldano for the left channel and treadplate and jcm800 for the right channel

used impulses instead of pod farm cabs