Need some feedback on my Mix

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
Kinda lost on this, would appreciate some feedback. been at it too long, lost all perspective.

Genre: Instrumental Guitar. I guess you could call it "Progressive"? Not my usual balls to the walls stuff.. Very melodic, mellow..

*Edit 5/23/2013: Decided to add a video for this given tune it's "moody" nature. think it adds a little..

Last edited by a moderator:
cool :)
usually in those kind of stuff you would find drums with "less metal" sound.
bass drum doesnt need to be that clicky in my opinion.
I would cut the 2.5k on the lead. make it smother. maybe the rythm as well, go easy on the treble knob.
the ride cymbal seems more distant then rest of the cymbals, Dont have a ride mic? [not sure thats a problem]
3:30 - can hear the guitar gate. it its on perpose I would shut the gate down - do a fade out on the source guitar, lowering the gain.
keyboards kicks in really great.
listen to "Scale the summit". I would aim it kinda that way...
but a good mix overall, nicely done.

cool :)
usually in those kind of stuff you would find drums with "less metal" sound.
bass drum doesnt need to be that clicky in my opinion.
I would cut the 2.5k on the lead. make it smother. maybe the rythm as well, go easy on the treble knob.
the ride cymbal seems more distant then rest of the cymbals, Dont have a ride mic? [not sure thats a problem]
3:30 - can hear the guitar gate. it its on perpose I would shut the gate down - do a fade out on the source guitar, lowering the gain.
keyboards kicks in really great.
listen to "Scale the summit". I would aim it kinda that way...
but a good mix overall, nicely done.

thanks man.. good stuff! kick was tough on this one, kit in general.. not having everything at "11" was challenging.. actually had to worry about the quality of each piece of the kit...Ha! no guitar gate at 3:30, just a bad editting job i guess.. checked out "Scale the Summit" this morning... Very Nice! Great guitars/tone!