Need some good advice

Zemb

Jun 10, 2001
France
Visit site
I'm currently losing interest in all music, i don't know why but i no longer can find one album with even 10% of part which i like

I would like some advice on the following kind of music :

Classical music, Jazz, Prog and Extreme Metal

I also love oiginal bands, even improvisating's one, or instrumental's one.

I like Symphonic black like In The Nightside Eclipse from Emperor

Female vocals does not bother me but i'm more into male vocals, either growled or clean

I like Epic music, depressive's one,melancolic, melodic, Jazzy, classical,even grind...
I also love the use of "chorus" (when lot ofpeoples song at the same time, i think it's called chorus, like in Therion or some part on Hollenthon)

I'm a big mark for melncolic melody like in Agalloch (i use melancolic because i don't have any other word todescrie it that i know in english)

I also love anything folk oriented
Anything Viking :)

I also love the kind of guitar used on Orchid and Morningrise,you know, the wandering guitar

At this time the band i like the most (even in them i don't find more than 40% of stuff listenable) are :

Forgotten Silence
Maudlin Of The Well
In The Woods
Opeth
Hollenthon
Agalloch (esecially)
Enslaved
Horna
Skepticism
Demimonde
Rhapsody (for the epic part)
Saturnus

Allready have the last Tristania... pretty good

But honestly i think i got spoiled by listening to some great parts of Opeth, Forgotten Silence... and now if something is not amazing, i will not like it.

At this time i listen the more to :

Agalloch
Skepticism
Chick Corea
Death

Evergrey! ;o)

Try Finntroll, Thy Serpent, Thyrfing...
Empyrium.... :eek:)

Hope you find something...
I hate those "dry periods" when you
can't find anything listenable.
But for me they are shortlasting and
it results in me descovering heaps of
bands to fall in love with >:eek:P

KATATONIA - try last fair deal gone down, or Tonights Decision
The Gathering - If_then_else

also Radiohead could do the trick, try: the bends, Kid A and Ok Computer, those are the classics you can always go back to whatever music you listen to.