Need some help with PC Speakers

dreamwatch

Syntax error
Despite having a rather crappety pooter I have a new sound card on the way and I want to make the most of it, despite my limited budget. I was looking at spending around £50 ($150ish) although for the right set of speakers I'd be prepared to pay a little more. It's for music, I don't game or watch DVD's on the PC. I saw a set Altec Lansing 221's in a store and they sounded great, but the sub woofer was too awesome and had no independant control - that would be a problem. Hearing good things about the Logitec's and Creative's in that price range... Anyone got any recommendations? :)

Why don't you just run a line into your sterio systems aux input.
all you need is a headphone to RCA cable and your in business .

Well i have been back in sydney for a while now, i origionaly went to dublin for a year, then came back to sydney last march, but then i went back over for a while in august.
But now im back again, i just have been heaps busy at work latley so i don't have as much time to go on the net.
also i don't have a computer at home any more so i don't post much these days

Ok, thanks for your help guys. In the end I went with the Altec Lansing, although it doesn't have an independant control for the bass which is a problem only until I get my new soundcard (I hope :eek:). But the Creatives didn't have an earphone socket which was very important. :( Oh well. :)