need some life

Pessimism

Endemic Vagabond
Feb 16, 2004
SoCal
i need some more life in my music folders - gimme some really good death and black metal bands - i dont care about what precise genre (technical death, epic black, raw black, etc bullcrap) if ive heard them ill say it but until then just give me whatever you think is fantastically over the top great. just dont say mortician - i have some standards.

Lykathea Aflame
Intestine Baalism
Aeternus
Abigor
Aborym
Blut Aus Nord
Nokturnal Mortum
Bethlehem
Temnozor'
Windham Hell
Appalling Spawn
Weakling
Nagelfar
Astriaal
Ludicra
Opera IX
Windir
Axis Of Perdition
Azrael
Arckanum
Gontyna Kry
Mithras
The Chasm
Golem
Psycroptic
Neuraxis
In-Quest

@christie fell - surisingly havent heard any of those bands except for ildjarn - havent been able to find wolfsmond on any p2p yet though (heard OF them)

@ultimate symphony - ill check into appalling spawn, axis of perdition, and bethlehem (ive heard of bethlehem, and golem, but again p2p problems, in-quest is a bitch to find)

@G.O.D - thanks

@cryptkeeper - . . . . . . . . .for shame . . . . ::nods head:: . . . . for shame . . . . .

Hortus Animae
Kekal
Arthemesia
The Kovenant
Arcturus
Sigh
Ram-Zet
Moonblood
Age of Silence
Korova
Peccatum
Obtained Enslavement
Bishop of Hexen

this is what i've been listening to lately

Clandestine Blaze
Funeral Mist
Ondskapt
Mutiilation
Beatrik
Sort Vokter
Evoken
Skepticism
dISEMBOWELMENT
The Chasm
Negura Bunget

also the new Moonsorrow (yeah, I'm talking about the promo) is amazing. I'm not all that into the whole viking thing either.

Seraphim Belial said:
@ultimate symphony - ill check into appalling spawn, axis of perdition, and bethlehem (ive heard of bethlehem, and golem, but again p2p problems, in-quest is a bitch to find).

bethlehem's Dictius Te Necare has the most insane vocals i've ever heard. well, there's also Silencer, who were great too.

Seraphim Belial said:
@christie fell - surisingly havent heard any of those bands except for ildjarn - havent been able to find wolfsmond on any p2p yet though (heard OF them)
Wolfsmond? Get it from me on slsk..

:devil: Clandestine Blaze turned to garbage lately....
Six Feet Under was Never relevant.....
Cattle Decap. Is really overrated. all propaganda no musical substance

Good bands include.........
Craft
Xasthur
Watain
Behexen
Elite
Agalloch
Anaal Nathrakh
Gorgoroth
Falkenbach
The Chasm
Tsjuder
Disiplin
Acid Bath
Azrael
Leviathan

anonymousnick2001 said:
I've seen this name mentioend before. What are they like?
Raw black metal with the occasional keyboards, can't say much else about them. Check out their album Welowie.

Here are some bands that I forgot to mention before:

Eikenskaden
Sarcophagus
The Eye
Negura Bunget (good one, perdition)

anonymousnick2001 said:
I've seen this name mentioend before. What are they like?

Weird SPATIAL (god I use this term too much but it's TRUE) melodic black metal...everything is very auidible, but the production is really awkward. The vocal mixing allows for the vocals, which sound like weird whispers (or really harsh ones, at times), to flange in and out...quite strangely, I might add. Bard might whisper something and then not say anything for a few measures only for his voice to randomly come out of nowhere again. Otherwise, there are keyboards and some folk tracks and stuff, but Welowie's real downfall is that...it's...too...fucking...SHORT.

None_So_Vile said:
Someone said Cattle Decap. are over-rated etc.. Then recommended Xasthur... A band that sounds like someone just sat in beehive and recorded the sound on a Fisher Price recording machine

Hey I like Xasthur! Nocturnal Poisoning doesn't sound much like what you described, but I'll be the first to agree that TFoB is sorta beehive-ish. :p

I do believe that Cattle Decapitation are overrated, but I can really only speak for To Serve Man (EVERY SONG WAS THE SAME + WORST BLASTBEATS EVER + WORST VOCALS EVER).