Need Some opinions on this mix (Metalcore band from India)

rbkonline1

under construction
Jun 12, 2009
Hi,

I just finished mixing a demo of a band called 'What Escapes Me' from india....

Its a very low budget project....done mostly with the cheapest possible equipments.....

I need some opinions & advice on this 1:worship:.....m new to this...i need to improve....

here's the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1358620/mix2.mp3

I think the mix sounds pretty good! What did you use for drum samples and guitar signal chain?

Thanx for your comment:)

well, I used Superior Drummer for doing the drum sequence...then I replaced the snare & the kick with some random samples ( which I found in this forum....dont remember the name)

Guitar chain is very simple.... Schecter Demon with EMG81 at bridge>Line6 POD XT>Waves C4>EQ

Wow what did you do to the cymbals? They are totally hardpanned and sound fucking weird. Except for the hihat which is right in the centre.

I would add some distortion to those vocals. Not really a fan of the guitars at all. The drums sound quite good but quite machinegunny, sounds like a stock electronic drum kit, but it kinda works.
Bass guitar needs more bass.

Nice to see some more Indian metal on here! I think the drum panning is a bit off, but the guitar tones aren't bad at all! Good job!