Need some suggestions here!

Metal2Metal6

New Metal Member
May 25, 2009
Lately I've been in a major rut and haven't found anything that has actually kicked any MAJOR ass...

The last cd that I got that was really really good was " By Inheritance " by Artillery.

Lately some of the stuff I've been jamming is Vicious Rumors, Atheist, Psychotic Waltz, Artillery, Riot, Accept, Augury, Flotsam and Jetsam ( old ), Helloween, Helstar, Pink Cream 69 ( Andi Deris stuff ), Malevolent Creation, Martyr, Running Wild, Quo Vadis, Type O Negative, etc...

That's the sort of shit that I'm into, so does anyone have and suggestions of stuff??? Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Well it seems that you rae keeping your confort zone to the classic bands you already know. At the same time you a broad taste if you have Helloween, Artillery, Malevolent creation and Type O Negative together.

So the two logical conclusions are:

a) keep witht the same bands broadening their catalogue purchase.
b) try newer bands with a deep rooted old school sound. In here I will throw some names of bands I have come to like in the last few years and may appeal to you (most have websites and/or MySpace pages so checking their music it's easy, all bands have 1 or more albums out already):

Abandoned (Ger)
Viron (Ger)
Sabaton (Swe)
Astral Doors (Swe)
Lion's Share (Swe)(best the Nils Patrick Johanssen era)
Bone Shaker (USA)
Poisonblack (Fin)
Sister Sin (Swe)
Hellhound (Jpn)
Superchrist (USA)
Final Stage (Can)
Alestorm (UK)
Crescent Shield (USA)
Tyr (Far)
Fueled By Fire (USA)
Evile (UK)

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. Alot of those bands I've already heard of, and there were a few that I hadn't so I checked them out but nothing really hit the spot. Not a fan of the nu-thrash wave thing that's going on right now, and totally despise this wanna be viking/folk b.s trend that is big at the moment. Thanks anyways though!

Get Siam - Prayer (with Tony Mills). It's like Master of Puppets meets Operation Mindcrime. Very Ryche but a tad heavier.

Also, get Electrified from Pink Cream 69. To my ears, better than anything the band did with Deris (although I quite like that era). Plus the production on that record is second to none.

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. Alot of those bands I've already heard of, and there were a few that I hadn't so I checked them out but nothing really hit the spot. Not a fan of the nu-thrash wave thing that's going on right now, and totally despise this wanna be viking/folk b.s trend that is big at the moment. Thanks anyways though!

Well that will narrow down some of the bands I listed :lol:. But trust me on two of them: Sabaton and Abandoned.

Also I will add:

Bendictum (USA)
Black Tide (USA)
Creozoth (Swe)
Crystal Viper (Pol)
Cypher Seer (Bra/USA)
Enforcer (Swe)
Listeria (Ita)
Made Of Iron (Gre)
Manigance (Fra)
Miles Beyond (USA)
Obstruction (Hun)

and of course (and damn myself for forgotten them, but see my sig):

WOLF! (Swe)

Based on Martyr, Quo Vadis and Atheist I assume you already listen to Cynic, Pestilence, Nocturnus, Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Suffocation and Death's last three or four albums but you might also enjoy more technical thrash like Coroner, Watchtower, Voivod, Sadus, Anacrusis, Mekong Delta or Deathrow.
If you like Death/Thrash like Malevolent Creation you might be interested in Demolition Hammer, Abomination/Master, obviously the classics by Kreator, Slayer, Celtic Frost.. Pentagram (CHI).. Slaughter Lord.. I'll get back to you when I think of some more..