Need some thrashy drum samples folks.

LBTM

Proud Behringer User
Feb 19, 2012
I'm recording a punk band and we thought it would be cool in some parts of the song to add thrashy sounding drum samples. They don't have a drummer :)bah:) so we're programming drums. I don't have a kit on my studio.

Can anybody (when you find time, i'm not in a rush) place some microphones 1-2m (and on the floor in front of the BD) above and around the kit and record some hard hits of everything? Preferred would be med-high tuned snare, mid-low kick and low toms.

why not make your own? take some samples, distort, compress, bitcrush (if neccessary) and viola! =D

just take the superior room mics or whatever, bounce them and crush 'em with some hp/lp to make them more lo-fi and blend that in as well on those certain parts.

There's a really good freebie if you don't want to do it yourself, http://www.analoguedrums.com/details-bm.php

BAM, d/l Big Mono and your set.

why not make your own? take some samples, distort, compress, bitcrush (if neccessary) and viola! =D

Tried it but I don't get what I want. For a past project I recorded some drums in a big warehouse the way I mentioned for some parts and they sounded totally rad in context with the normal drum sound. To bad I didn't record any samples.

Try the faderhead samples somewhere in the forum. They sound alike the kick from Overkill's ''Horoscope" Album with not much processing

Nashville series with room samples. All that I sell in my sig below. :)

These samples sound really good. I'll maybe get them.
What reverb did you use?

Could you please make a processed mix using only the rooms mics?

I used many different verbs, most notably a real Bricasti and some of my own room samples from various sessions around the areas. People here will tell you, get them and don't think twice.

I'll get them on the future. The clips sound amazing.

I'm currently download what you've linked me. Thanks.

Charles I've downloaded BigMono. Not exactly what I wanted but this kick is unbelievably good. It's got a really round yet tight low end.
I'll try to print some samples of the room mics of SSD. These maybe could work.

thefalloftheheretic yeah, aren't them great? i'll get them when i get $$ to my paypal account.