Need some videos

ive got nuthing against bass players, just against the people who choose it as their first instrument

Even though bass is important, it's really hard to actually recognize it unless you listen to it as a seperate instrument. I notice it only when I'm lying down and listening to it cuz i can hear the vibrations.

bass is shit compared to guitar it sounds shit bottom line + you can barely hear it how can ppl have so much appreciation for and instrument you can barely hear

Bass adds more depth too a song and somes everything up. Without it, i think some songs would come out a bit messy. And yeah, guitars are more important though.

I'm not saying we should worship the bass as God of all Rock (because guitars are definitely the most important instrument in the lineup), but people just brush off bass players as unnecessary and don't realize what the bass adds to the music. But I think bass players, if they're not doing crazy stuff like Les Claypool or Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, should also double as vocalists if they're good enough singers/growlers/screamers.

Crazy stuff like Flea? lol

Anyway, I actually appreaciate a good bass player now after spending 2 years doing music at college. I didn't really play with a bassist much but the guys that did always sounded better, even though I was the better player.

I noticed a good mix was loud bass, mid drums, guitars not too loud and it sounds very powerful. Bass definately makes a difference.

I realised that ages ago and have liked that idea.

I was supposed to be doing a performance about a month ago and I was gettting really annoyed that the guy supposed to be playing bass was a frikken omgmyspace emo and wouldn't turn up to rehearsal and I knew how much better it'd sound if he was there so it just made us sound shit, especially since everything was in Drop C.

It wasn't my band or anything, I was helping out a few mates because they only had one guitar player. But we did Killswitch, Atreyu, Still Remains, Mudvayne and Bullet for my Valentine. We also used those Line 6 Spider II's and they get drowned out by the drums so easily. You gotta turn the treble down and the mid up and the bass down and it sounds bad. When the bass player turned up, it sounded so much fuller.

It's actually a fun song to play (Bleeding Mascara) because it has sweep picking in the intro and solo and I'm a sweep picking whore. I'm not mad on the vocals or the rest of their songs though.

His voice is good as is his range but it's the actual tone that makes him sound emo. Same with Axl Rose, his voice and range are both amazing but his timbre is bad, sounds too whiney but he's an incredible frontman.