Need Theocracy Christmas Songs

Aletheus

Jul 20, 2008
Croatia
Hey guys, I'm looking for high quality recordings of Little Drummer Boy from 2005 and Deck the Joy/To the Halls from 2006.

I have the songs in 192kbps/256kbps mp3 quality but I'm looking for 320kbps if any of you have it.

Also does anyone have the Mirror of Souls "teaser" from myspace, the one with the Hootenanny and the death metal growls.

Thanks in advance

edit: I type faster than I think, I just bothered to recheck the Club of Souls downloads and it seems that the songs are in 192/256kbps quality, so unless Matt decides to upload a higher quality version I don't assume anyone else has access to the files, right?

Also what exactly is the difference between the 2003, 2006 and 2011 versions of the Christmas Medley? I'm sure I have the older versions somewhere on a backup DVD stashed away somewhere, but I wanted to know was there anything of bigger importance that set them apart?

I apologise for seeming pedantic, I just wanted to instill a bit of organisation in my file keeping.

Also what exactly is the difference between the 2003, 2006 and 2011 versions of the Christmas Medley? I'm sure I have the older versions somewhere on a backup DVD stashed away somewhere, but I wanted to know was there anything of bigger importance that set them apart?

I apologise for seeming pedantic, I just wanted to instill a bit of organisation in my file keeping.

I think you are right about Matt being the only one to help you with higher bit rate versions of the Christmas songs. I do have the Mirror of Souls teaser from their website back in the day. Very hilarious!

As far as the differences in 2003, 2006, and 2011 versions, it is only different in the production (i.e. no new recording was involved as far as I know). I can hear more subtle nuances in the newer versions. For example, the lower register harmonies on the word "yonder" from "We Three Kings" really stands out in the newest version. I never even noticed Matt sang that low in the 2003 version. But I am a far cry from an audiophile!

Gimme gimme the myspace teaser!
Can you upload it to mediafire?

edit: or anywhere actually
I'd appreciate it!

Regarding the medley, there are numerous changes.

In the original 2003 version, it was just Matt with the drum machine, just like the original version of Theocracy (the album).

In the 2006 version, there are LOTS of improvements. Most notably, Shawn is on the drums. But also various vocal parts were improved a lot and the mix is way better.

In the 2010 version, there is no new recording, but it was remastered again. The lower range sounds come through a lot better. But without good speakers it isn't particularly noticeable.

That's right! How could I forget about the re-recorded drums? It's been awhile since I've gone back to listen to the previous versions. Aletheus, check your PM.

This thread reminds me, who is going to be the dude who asks Matt whether he is putting out a Christmas song this year? So far they haven't covered "Christmas Shoes". I think Matt could be the one to redeem it.

I was sort of hoping for any of them to see it and think "Oh boy we could do another one this year" without anyone in particular taking the fall for bringing it up.

I've forwarded the "song" to a friend of mine, and despite never being a fan of Theocracy he felt the urge to upload it to youtube and sent me "can't stop listening to that teaser, I wish they made an entire song using that country music style thing".

Well now, we're growing in number.

Everyone start chanting with me "HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS! HALLELUJAH CHORUS!"

This thread reminds me, who is going to be the dude who asks Matt whether he is putting out a Christmas song this year? So far they haven't covered "Christmas Shoes". I think Matt could be the one to redeem it.
That is the saddest Christmas song. If Matt is accepting suggestions, here are mine:

Mary Did you Know
Silent Night
Sleigh ride
We wish you a Merry Christmas
12 days of Christmas

I feel like Val could do something interesting with a 12 days of Christmas solo.

Parched Earth sent me the song, but I can upload it to mediafire if that's not against any rules with which I'm unfamiliar.

Hear, hear on the request for Matt to upload 320kbps versions of Little Drummer Boy and Deck The Joy... I'm somewhat of an audiophile, so I'd love to have them in high bitrate format. Or better yet, lossless for ALL the songs! That's the way to go. And I mean ALL of them he's ever done...not just the ones currently up on Club of Souls.

I have the original Christmas Medley, as well as the 2006 re-recording of it, with Shawn on drums. It'd be cool to have both of those in lossless format.

Looking forward to Night of Silence being uploaded, as well. Great song! I'm going to wait for that one, download it, then burn yet another Theocracy Christmas CD with all of them on it. I seem to do that nearly every year, adding the latest one to the list.