Need to buy a backlline Drumkit + cymballs

acappa

Alex Cappa TMF Studios
Hey guys!In the last few months many people is asking me if I´ve got a backline drumkit, specially people that´s from different places in my country, so I guess the time has come to adquire one. Can you guys recommend me a good average drumkit, and a medium range set of cymballs??
Last drumkit I recorded was a Pearl Export Series, I guess it used to be a cheap range of that brand right?? For cymballs I´d go for HH, 2xCrashed, Ride, China and Splash.
You should know I mainly work in the metal genre, and I´m opened to all drum brands, cheers!!

The Tama Superstar is a good mid-priced kit. If you have money, go for the Bubinga Birch; they sound phenomenal.

I like Sabian AAX and HHX cymbals; the AAs are generally a bit pingy to me, and the HH are too dark IMO.

To be honest, even a pearl export can sound good if the bearing edges are taken care of, it has new heads on it, and is tuned properly.

With that said, however, the Tama Superstars are a fantastic sounds mid-level kit.

And dont skimp on cheap low end or mid range cymbals, you'll hear it.
Get yourself some A or Z Customs, or like lolzgreg said, some AAX or HHX cymbals.