NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
Okay my metal brothers and sisters; Eddie Trunk is bringing that metal show to L.A. for a few tapings and I am in on one. I can win a prize on the show is I can stump the Trunk. I need a trivia question that pertains to 70's-80's hard rock and heavy metal. I've racked my brain and can't think of anything that would stump him but I know some of you old schoolers will have something for me. Taping in April 13th. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Well here's one, there's a good chance he knows this but I only found out recently:

Q: Ronnie James Dio did a guest appearance on an 1980 solo album by what guitar player?

A: Kerry Livgren of Kansas

Q - Name at least two of the bands that helped finance the making of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

A - Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull

Q: For which movie did Pink Floyd did the "Obscured By Clouds" album soundtrack and who directed it(1972)?

A: "La Vallée" by Barbet Schroeder

Q: Which four Argentinian metal bands arose from the split of V8 after 1986?

A: Logos, Hermética, Horcas and Rata Blanca

Q: Which band originally recorded in 1986 the last song from French band Malediction debut "Condamnés"?

A: ADX ("La Terreur")

Q: What's the name of the project with Thin Lizzy and Sex Pistols members in and what's the name of the jingle they recorded?

A: In 1979, The Greedies released their debut single, "A Merry Jingle". It was backed by "A Merry Jangle". The band consisted of Steve Jones and Paul Cook, ex-Sex Pistols, and three members of Thin Lizz: Phil Lynott, Brian Downey and Scott Gorham.

Q: Which movie has the only footage of Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) playing with Jethro Tull?

A: "The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus": this concert is the only footage of Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi performing as a member of Jethro Tull; he was a member for this show only as a favor to Anderson while they looked for a replacement for Mick Abrahams. The band mimed to the album version of "A Song for Jeffrey" and 'Fat Man' as the Stones told them to cut their time down and it would save time on rehearsing," Fat Man' never made the final release . This footage also included some of Ian Anderson's first attempts of his now famous flute-playing position, with one leg in the air.

Q: Who wrote the lyrics for the song 'Spiral Dream' in Coroner's debut LP ("R.I.P.") from 1987?

A: Tom G. Warrior from Hellhammer/Celtic Frost/Trypticon.

Q: In 1984 Loudness released their fourth album "Disillusion", the last song 'Ares Lament' was slightly redone and recorded in which other Loudness album?

A: As 'So Lonely' in 1987 'Hurricane Eyes'?

------
Q: Which UK band did Michael Jackson recorded with in 1989?

A: Pariah. Actually is a trick queation, since Pariah's singer name was Michael Jackson :p

Who plays bass guitar on Dokken's Breaking The Chains album? (Peter Baltes)

Eddie will know most Dio, Thin Lizzy, and mainstream hard rock and metal questions. He used to work for Megaforce Records too. He does not have any clue though about some of the stuff Wyv mentioned. I doubt they would let you ask anything with that level of obscurity.

TSO, awaiting your answer.... haha

Juan Croucier (had the vinyl two feet from me here haha). I think Trunk will know that one. Wyv's are way too far out there. The last TMS I saw, Eddie was getting pissed about pre-recording lineups so I bet they filter that stuff a bit more.

He does not have any clue though about some of the stuff Wyv mentioned. I doubt they would let you ask anything with that level of obscurity.

Well, if he plays hard we play mean, we're UMOS! :saint:

Q: Which band did original Yngwie Malmsteen's drummer (from the 1984 debut "Rising Force") played in the 70's?

A: Barriemore Barlow played in Jethro Tull from 1971-1980.

Q: Bing Crosby grandaughter featured in which Black Sabbath video?

A: Denise Crosby before ST: TNG (Tasha Yar) showed in 'No Stranger To Love' video from 1986 (which actually was to be released as a Tony Iommi solo album and the label presented it as Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi).

Q: "Seventh Star" (read above) bass player is the brother of whose famous thrash guitar player form the 80's?

A: Dave Spitz is Dan Spitz (Anthrax) brother.

Q: Mike Wead who plays guitar with King Diamond and played in Meliah Marcolin's after Candlemass band Memento Mori (showing also Snowy Shaw after in Dream Evil), played in which 80's cult thrash band?

A: Hexenhaus (also Mike played in Abstrak Algebra the second band from Leif Edling, bass player for Candlemass).

Q: Who helped with the English version lyrics of Baron Rojo (Spain) second album "Volumen Brutal" (1982)?

A: Bruce Dickinson.

OK, a couple of easy ones:

Q: Who plays harmonica in Thin Lizzy's classic "Live And Dangerous" album?

A: Huey Lewis

Q: Name 4 bands produced or enegineered by Martin Birch in 1981?

A: Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Maiden, Whitesnake.

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! For sure our illustrious leaders questions will stump him. I like the PF questions as that is trivia I didn't know either. Thanks everyone, keep em coming if you like, but I will need the answers as well. Taping is on the 13th and guests are ALICE COOPER (Pabla mad she can't make it) and ROB ZOMBIE. hails, horns and hugs, Kristy

The answer to my question is 3rd Stage Alert. They only released one album, an EP on Metal Blade records, after earning a feature song on the Metal Massacre 2 compilation.

I found a ton of bands back in the day from those early Metal Massacre albums! Metallica, Ratt, Dokken, Warlord, Malice, Overkill, Cirith Ungol, Slayer, and even Savatage (then called Avatar). Just to name a few...

The answer to my question is 3rd Stage Alert. They only released one album, an EP on Metal Blade records, after earning a feature song on the Metal Massacre 2 compilation.

I found a ton of bands back in the day from those early Metal Massacre albums! Metallica, Ratt, Dokken, Warlord, Malice, Overkill, Cirith Ungol, Slayer, and even Savatage (then called Avatar). Just to name a few...

I just bought Metal Massacre 2 about 2 weeks back - have had the tape for years. There were some great bands on there - Hyksos, Armored Saint, Trauma.

Juan Croucier (had the vinyl two feet from me here haha). I think Trunk will know that one.

Juan is incorrect, which is why this is a tricky question. His picture is on the album, but according to Don Dokken, he did not play on it at all. Eddie is also somewhat tight with Don Dokken so he may still know it...

I can't stand "That Metal Show" btw, but I will watch when Kitty is on. I cannot take those 2 "comedians" he has on the show with him. They ruin it for me. There are other reasons too.

It doesn't take much to "Stump The Trunk" if you have been watching the last few seasons. They were throwing him softball questions but they have dialed things up a little. His scope of "metal" is pretty limited as it turns out. I like the Dio question mentioned on here. I'd go with that one. He claims to be this huge Dio fan but I doubt he'll know that!
Good luck!

I have never seen the show LOL I have heard from people that Eddie does know his trivia, is a true metal fan but the two guys that are on there do ruin it for people. It's free a few hours on my day off and I get to see Alice again!!! Thanks for all your help my friends, I will ask the Dio question. :headbang::headbang:

p.s. Halford was on KLOS yesterday and I was first caller with a question....Do they still have plans to do Nostrodamus complete..he said yes, then talked about conceptual albums. But what got me really stoked was he mentioned he had just been sent tapes from the 1983 US FESTIVAL and it looks like the company that filmed it will FINALLY release it on DVD. Here's hoping the show the full fest and not just the 3 clips from each band as released on VHS and Showtime specials. I NEED TO SEE THE SCORPIONS SET!!

p.s. this is in the email confirmation I received.

When you arrive at the taping, give your form (the questions) to the person who checks you in, and they'll give it to the Producers.

I've been listening to Eddie for at least 12-15 years in one form or another and I gotta tell you, I think he knows that Dio question. I may be wrong, but he's a personal friend of Dio and has idolized him for years (probably since 1980 or even earlier). I guess what I'm saying is I'd be surprised if he didn't know it...

I need to see that Scorps set too!!! Ths US83 specials I saw on vh1 classic were awful!

Ths US83 specials I saw on vh1 classic were awful!

Shit! I'm really old, I remember watching to it on MTV back in the day. The second day (metal) was excellent, Scorpions play at dawn and VH closed...if I had my way JP would have closed an VH opened :heh: