Need your opinion on this mix...

Dellinger

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2005
Sweden
Hi everyone!

Im new here (registered today), and i would like to hear the experts :worship: oppinions on my mix, what can be improved? I can handle criticism :cool: ive only been learning to mix for a few months..
This is my recording of the riff from Arch Enemys "enter the machine".

Equipment:
Sonar 4 Producers edition, waves plug-ins and some NI software (guitar rig, battery2)...
The guitars (schecter c-1 black jack, caparison dellingerTAT) are recorded line in through a Guitarport, drums are DFH1 and bass is a cheap Ibanez SR-180.

Thanks in advance!! :headbang:

Youowemeapony said:
Sounds amazing.. I really love that snare sound as well.

Is the DFH sample that wet, or did you add reverb? Sounds incredible.

Nice to hear man, its the DFH1 (multiformat) snare with (eq/comp of course) and added reverb, its triggered/blended with another snare sample using drumagog.

Youowemeapony said:
if you dont mind sharing, what kind of reverb/settings are you using on this?

The reverb is a cakewalk fxreverb that comes with sonar, amount of reverb is about 25-30%.

Very impressive. Great sound overall. The hi-hat's not bugging me on my laptop speakers, I will check on my studio reference monitors when I get home.

Caparison guitars rule! :headbang:

Dellinger said:
.........The guitars (schecter c-1 black jack, caparison dellingerTAT) are recorded line in through a Guitarport, drums are DFH1 and bass is a cheap Ibanez SR-180.

Thanks in advance!! :headbang:

http://www.esnips.com/web/hrastovic22-Music

Can you share your guitar port preset?
maybe it works on the podxt, the sound of the guitars is really good and the rest as well!!!
It's a good work!

Maurizio

Kazrog said:
Very impressive. Great sound overall. The hi-hat's not bugging me on my laptop speakers, I will check on my studio reference monitors when I get home.

Caparison guitars rule! :headbang:

Thanks, how did it sound on your monitors at home then? Damn right, Caparison guitars do rule! :cool:

kaomao said:
Can you share your guitar port preset?
maybe it works on the podxt, the sound of the guitars is really good and the rest as well!!!
It's a good work!

Maurizio

Thanks, sorry but i think the preset wont do you any good since ive used eqmatching for the guitars after the recording, so the preset from my Guitarport wont sound as good as the soundclip, i havent even installed the metal pack in it.